App no longer navigates to corrected coords for puzzle cache, now goes to original posted coords

GoGayleGo

Hello,

Today while out caching, I experienced strange behavior in the app.  I had solved several puzzles yesterday, and entered corrected coords on their cache pages (gc.com from computer, not through app).  In the app, the caches appear in the correct (e.g. corrected coords) location, with the icon to indicate that there are corrected coords.  When I tap on the cache from the map screen, it shows the correct distance to the corrected coords; however, after tapping onto the cache page and hitting "navigate", it was reverting to the distance/location of the uncorrected coords.  I exited the app and rebooted my phone (Pixel 4), but the behavior persisted.  I've never had this happen before.  Any ideas what's causing this, and/or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Gayle

Edited by GoGayleGo
Clarification
  • Helpful 1

After selecting a cache, go to the waypoint list. This way you can also see if there is a parking coordinate or trailhead available.

After selecting the appropriate waypoint, you can even choose to view all waypoints on the map to see if the waypoint is reachable by car or not (I only use this to sent the coordinates to my Garmin Drive).

Starting a route from there never failed for me.

Edited by StefandD
  • Funny 1
16 minutes ago, GoGayleGo said:

Hello,

Today while out caching, I experienced strange behavior in the app.  I had solved several puzzles yesterday, and entered corrected coords on their cache pages (gc.com from computer, not through app).  In the app, the caches appear in the correct (e.g. corrected coords) location, with the icon to indicate that there are corrected coords.  When I tap on the cache from the map screen, it shows the correct distance to the corrected coords; however, after tapping onto the cache page and hitting "navigate", it was reverting to the distance/location of the uncorrected coords.  I exited the app and rebooted my phone (Pixel 4), but the behavior persisted.  I've never had this happen before.  Any ideas what's causing this, and/or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Gayle

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/topic/361465-bug-8462-gps-accuracy-missing-from-map-navigation-compass-navigates-to-main-coordinates-even-if-other-waypoint-selected/

7 hours ago, StefandD said:

After selecting a cache, go to the waypoint list. This way you can also see if there is a parking coordinate or trailhead available.

After selecting the appropriate waypoint, you can even choose to view all waypoints on the map to see if the waypoint is reachable by car or not (I only use this to sent the coordinates to my Garmin Drive).

Starting a route from there never failed for me.

Thanks.  I forgot to mention - the waypoint list is also missing!  I did try that...the corrected coords are not there.

Ditto here. The other night I was navigating to the solved coordinates of a multi. As I parked it said I was appx 124 metres from the cache which was what I was expecting based on the map location I had looked at earlier. As I started walking I hit the arrow button and was informed I was  appx 256 metres away which would be the posted coordinates. When I looked at the waypoint for the solved coordinates it was showing the posted coordinates. I was able to make the find based on the hint and knowing appx where it was. When I was logging my find on my desktop the corrected coordinates were showing there. Yesterday, similar problem. Navigating to a puzzle final based where the actual location was showing on the map. Driving navigation insisted taking me to the posted coordinates. When I checked the waypoint it was only showing the posted coordinates. When I switched to CGeo I got proper navigation to the solved coordinates. I restarted the app and restarted my phone and the posted coordinates are still not recorded in the app but are still recorded when I look at them on my desktop. Not all caches seem to be affected.

• Helpful 1