New challenge caches rule.

13 hours ago, Nite*Owls said:

Fun challenge caches that involve cache titles where you need to find X # of caches with a color, animal, etc. in the name, and ones where you have to find caches in certain areas like specific counties, cities, etc. make this whole game of geocaching more exciting to play. Isn't the point of all this to make things more exciting and to ADD to the game? By strictly enforcing more and more rules on challenge caches, it's taking away from the game and in my opinion making it less fun. From what I've seen, most geocachers who have been caching for awhile and actually stick with the game, enjoy and seek out challenge caches. They are pretty popular! I have several fun ideas for challenge caches but I don't even bother because I'm sure they would just get denied. If the same 'ol countless, easy P&G nanos, bisons, matchsticks, etc. are allowed, then I think more challenge caches should be allowed also so those types of finds can go towards another goal instead of just being another find number. Please reconsider loosening the rules on challenge caches in the near future. There's so many fun ideas that could be created with challenges! If it continues to be restricted, then the overall game of geocaching just won't be as much fun as it used to be. I understand everything has to have some rules, but it's always more fun to add to a game than to take away.

Hum challenge about counties are allowed.

I agree Groundspeak put out too many rules about challenge and the only one that should be there is that a checker can be made that prove that you qualify.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

My favourite challenge was an alphabetical order challenge.  Find a cache whose name begins with A.  At least one day later, find one beginning with B. Repeat through the alphabet.

I had a deadline since the cache was in Florida and I would be in the area on one specific day.

I was up to about M when I discovered the challenge and had great fun completing it in time.

Shame it wouldn't be allowed now.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1