Cache Owner VS "Placed by"

SillyStickS

Hello!

I received no confirmation that my last post went through and I can't find it anywhere on the forums so I apologize if this is a duplicate.

I would like to know if there's a quick way to figure out who owns the cache I'm seeking with the app.  The only way I've found is to painstakingly comb through the activity log and search for ownership changes.  I'm trying to complete my first challenge cache and it involves finding caches hidden by 15 unique owners in 24 hours.  "Placed by" is not acceptable if ownership has changed.  Thanks for your help!

• Funny 1
51 minutes ago, SillyStickS said:

I would like to know if there's a quick way to figure out who owns the cache I'm seeking with the app.

In the app, if you tap on the Placed By panel, it will go to the current owner's profile. Here's an example of a cache I adopted which was originally placed by mrnoo17. Tapping on Placed By goes to my profile as I'm the current owner:

image.png.5c5a38148e00ddef9fc11e4d47e0fd0b.png

1 hour ago, SillyStickS said:

"Placed by" is not acceptable if ownership has changed.  Thanks for your help!

I own caches that have switched ownership a couple of times. Placed by could be a chore to determine if it's an old cache! I do not think there is a quick way to do this on the app, unless of course the original "Placed by" is still listed along with the current owner. 

• Funny 1
59 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I own caches that have switched ownership a couple of times. Placed by could be a chore to determine if it's an old cache! I do not think there is a quick way to do this on the app, unless of course the original "Placed by" is still listed along with the current owner. 

The OP said they want to determine "who owns" the cache (note the present tense), not who originally placed it. I'm not even sure if the latter is actually stored anywhere that's publicly accessible as there's no requirement for the original owner to post any logs on their cache. Even the auto-generated WN when a cache is adopted is attributed to the new owner, not the previous one. If they do indeed just want the current owner, that's easy as Keystone's suggestion on the website and my suggestion in the app both do that.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1