How to download full cache information with GSAK and the Geocaching.com API

File__
Followers 0

Hi, I'm quite new to using GSAK and am having trouble downloading full cache data, such as hints and the cache descriptions via the Geocaching.com API (Geocaching.com access -> Get geocaches option). It is only downloading the basic cache information such as the name and basic attributes. Is this a limitation of the API or am I doing something wrong? I am aware of Pocket Queries being another way to do this, however it would be very beneficial for be to be able to download more than 1000 caches at once due to my area being very densely populated with caches.

Thanks in advance,

File

Do you have caches on your gps that were loaded before you were a Premium member? Try deleting all the caches from the gps and load them again. There was an issue that resulted in all caches only showing the basic info. I don't know if it ever got resolved. You can backup the current caches on your gps to a flash drive or your hard drive if you need to save them. 

• Helpful 1
7 hours ago, File__ said:

Is this a limitation of the API or am I doing something wrong?

Please check Page2 of "Get Geocache" There is one section "Data format" und "Full (slower) must be checked.

Also remove all filter option, all fields should be blank.  You can enter your name in the two fields at the top to exclude your own cache and to display only those not found so far.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
6 hours ago, Mausebiber said:

Please check Page2 of "Get Geocache" There is one section "Data format" und "Full (slower) must be checked.

Also remove all filter option, all fields should be blank.  You can enter your name in the two fields at the top to exclude your own cache and to display only those not found so far.

Thanks so much, not sure how I missed this option.