How do I create a map of nearby archived caches?

The_Mitch

12 minutes ago, The_Mitch said:

How do I create a map of nearby archived caches? I recently found a to logs near each other and signed the one matching recent logs online. Is it possible to filter a map of nearby archived caches to attempt a smiley?

How did you find the archived one online to log it after you signed the log? There is two logs near each other? 

In my experience and in my area it's not common at all for an archived cache to actually still be in place. But it happens!

I found 2 physical logs in the field about 30 feet from each other.  I signed the log and logged online the GC matching the online log and paper log that matched.  The other did not have a GC code on the paper for me to search.  I was hoping to generate a map of nearby archived and log it on paper and online as a find.  All searches online say Project GC has a checkbox for archived to filter this but I don’t see this and only find “Disabled” as an option.

20 minutes ago, The_Mitch said:

That is very helpful.  This path requires knowing the CO to search. Can it be done by location radius?

Use your own account name for the first box and leave the second account name blank.  Typically I then select the state and county that I'm interested in searching.

• Helpful 1
On 8/17/2021 at 12:49 AM, The_Mitch said:

The other did not have a GC code on the paper for me to search.  I was hoping to generate a map of nearby archived and log it on paper and online as a find.

Take a photograph of the archived log. Then look up finds on that day for previous finders and cross reference. You will find the cache that way.

• Helpful 1