How do you delete a Basic account when you have a Premium account as well?

Danvers Duo

Good morning.  My husband and I have a Premium account as well as a Basic account.  The basic account was  started in error a few years ago. We always use our Premium account and initially there was never an issue.  The Basic account just sat there.  In doing the Adventure Labs we have found 41 adventure labs have been posted to the Basic account.  Can anyone tell me how I can transfer over the info from Basic Account to the Premium account and then delete the Basic account. If the info can’t be transferred then we just need to delete that Basic account.  I did send a message to Groundspeak but never received a reply.  Thank you in advance for any info you might have

9 minutes ago, Danvers Duo said:

Good morning.  My husband and I have a Premium account as well as a Basic account.  The basic account was  started in error a few years ago. We always use our Premium account and initially there was never an issue.  The Basic account just sat there.  In doing the Adventure Labs we have found 41 adventure labs have been posted to the Basic account.  Can anyone tell me how I can transfer over the info from Basic Account to the Premium account and then delete the Basic account. If the info can’t be transferred then we just need to delete that Basic account.  I did send a message to Groundspeak but never received a reply.  Thank you in advance for any info you might have

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=27&pgid=102

19 hours ago, Danvers Duo said:

In doing the Adventure Labs we have found 41 adventure labs have been posted to the Basic account.  Can anyone tell me how I can transfer over the info from Basic Account to the Premium account

This may be one of the very few times using "fake GPS" for "cheating" with adventure labs might be useful in a correct way. If those statistic points are important to you, you might:

Step 1: Contact the lab owners first! That's very important in my eyes, explain them why and what you a re doing. You might refer to this post or the whole thread when you want to explain the problem.

Step 2: If the owners are okay with your approach - and only then! - you may use fake GPS to play the adventures virtually at home to get the points. If you do not have the answers any more the owers might help.

I have never used fake GPS with my Android phone (and don't want to) so I can't help you with it but I am sure there are good instructions online.

Of course you can revisit the stages and do it normally which might be the better solution but that'll only work with local lab caches.

Best wishes

Jochen

4 hours ago, frostengel said:

This may be one of the very few times using "fake GPS" for "cheating" with adventure labs might be useful in a correct way. If those statistic points are important to you, you might:

Step 1: Contact the lab owners first! That's very important in my eyes, explain them why and what you a re doing. You might refer to this post or the whole thread when you want to explain the problem.

Step 2: If the owners are okay with your approach - and only then! - you may use fake GPS to play the adventures virtually at home to get the points. If you do not have the answers any more the owers might help.

I have never used fake GPS with my Android phone (and don't want to) so I can't help you with it but I am sure there are good instructions online.

Of course you can revisit the stages and do it normally which might be the better solution but that'll only work with local lab caches.

Best wishes

Jochen

It doesn't matter if the ALO is aware of the reason and approves. Geocaching said we are not allowed to do it. I'd be very careful about using it after this warning was posted on the forums:

GPS spoofing warning.png

• Funny 1