Options for commenting on a log entry or reacting to a long entry

DeanMan86

I’d like to have the option to like somebody’s log entry on a geocache or to have the option to comment on their log entry would be pretty cool in my opinion because it would make it more interactive between us cacachers.. I’ve gone through and looked at peoples log entries I would’ve liked to have been able to interact with or comment or liked a picture that they posted and I just feel it’s too formal to just go into their profile and try to message them independently it just feels too forward in my opinion I feel if you can do it out in the open it’s less awkward for both parties.. thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion I greatly appreciate your time and I enjoy this app just wouldn’t mind seeing it improved and slight subtle ways..  I mean if I see someone found a cach I couldn’t I’d like to have the option to be able to comment/enter act with “give  kudos” to said cacher.. nothing wrong with a bit of positive feedback/reinforcement. I’d like to make this experience for everyone that much better..😌 and again thank you for taking the time to consider my suggestion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 3

There's the recently-added ability to mark logs as Great Story or Helpful, but the logger doesn't get notified that their logs have been marked as such so it's really only a tool for others to quickly search through logs to see which ones are worth reading (or might contain spoilers):

image.png.768c9d461101fa232f3bbb8ac9e7c232.png

That said, I really wouldn't want to see cache logs turned into some form of social media commentary, particularly when it opens up the likelihood of loggers getting disgruntled because they didn't get a Like from the CO. "You liked Fred's log so what's wrong with mine, huh?"

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
4 hours ago, DeanMan86 said:

I’ve gone through and looked at peoples log entries I would’ve liked to have been able to interact with or comment or liked a picture that they posted and I just feel it’s too formal to just go into their profile and try to message them independently it just feels too forward

I was thinking as I read the first part of the post ... "Just send a message and tell them!" - then I read the rest of your sentence.  I don't think it's too forward at all - I've done this on logs or photos for my caches/TB's.  THe other cacher can respond or not as they choose, and in my experience, some do, and some don't, but I have let them know I appreciate their effort to include a photo or write an entertaining log for my cache.

On the other end, if a CO contacted me with a note about my log, I would not consider them forward at all - I welcome the interaction!  So I would say, go ahead and send a short message expressing your thoughts.  A personal note would mean a lot more to me than a thumbs up or a comment on my log which takes almost no effort except a mouse click. YMMV