Message Center Issue

ertyu

For certain users I have Message Center issues. I don't receive notification by email or by indication on the website that they sent me a message. If I go into Message Center, I don't see any conversation history from them. Only once I try to message them can I see the message history. After that it still remains hidden in the normal Message Center view. This has happened for a few specific users and more than once for at least one of the users and has been noticed over a long period. Most users work fine, I receive all notifications and see their message history.

• Helpful 1
5 minutes ago, ertyu said:

For certain users I have Message Center issues. I don't receive notification by email or by indication on the website that they sent me a message. If I go into Message Center, I don't see any conversation history from them. Only once I try to message them can I see the message history. After that it still remains hidden in the normal Message Center view. This has happened for a few specific users and more than once for at least one of the users and has been noticed over a long period. Most users work fine, I receive all notifications and see their message history.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally hit the setting to "hide" that conversation? It's on the three dots to the right of their name.  If your option is now to "unhide", then you'll have your answer.

Just a guess.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Helpful 1

I was waiting for a communication with the responses to logging tasks from a finder of one of my earthcaches. No email notification from them. I go to the Message Centre and there's no communication from them. OK, they're new players, I guess they're unsure of what to do. I decided to send a message explaining the procedure so clicked on their name to go to their public profile. I then clicked on the Send Message link and up pops their communication sent two days ago! I only looked at the Message Centre earlier in the afternoon and nothing was there!

I've also been communicating with another newbie and wondered why I didn't get a response from them to my last message. It turns out my message, sent a week ago, didn't arrive in their Message Centre inbox. It wasn't until she clicked on my name that my message suddenly appeared.

Definitely a bug there somewhere!

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, Calypso62 said:

I was waiting for a communication with the responses to logging tasks from a finder of one of my earthcaches. No email notification from them. I go to the Message Centre and there's no communication from them. OK, they're new players, I guess they're unsure of what to do. I decided to send a message explaining the procedure so clicked on their name to go to their public profile. I then clicked on the Send Message link and up pops their communication sent two days ago! I only looked at the Message Centre earlier in the afternoon and nothing was there!

I've also been communicating with another newbie and wondered why I didn't get a response from them to my last message. It turns out my message, sent a week ago, didn't arrive in their Message Centre inbox. It wasn't until she clicked on my name that my message suddenly appeared.

Definitely a bug there somewhere!

One thing I've seen is that I look at a conversation, and need to scroll down to see new messages. I can miss that for days because the indication that you aren't looking at the end of the conversation is quite subtle, just that the scroll bar way off on the right isn't at the bottom of the slider. I'm mentioning that just in case, 'cuz other things you say make me doubt that's your problem. But whether it is or isn't, it's still a bug: it should be more obvious when you aren't looking at the end of the conversation.