Why does the website allow multiple find logs by the same person on the same cache?

edscott

2 hours ago, edscott said:

Have seen as many as 6 consecutive "finds" by the same person on the same cache.  I realize it could be an unintentional result of a computer glitch, but why does the cache page accept the duplicate logs?

Greetings Ed.  Not too clear as to what you're speaking of.  Is this one of those "adventure lab" things ?    :)

IIRC, all other caches still can't be logged more than one since 3/'17.  

27 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

Greetings Ed.  Not too clear as to what you're speaking of.  Is this one of those "adventure lab" things ?    :)

IIRC, all other caches still can't be logged more than one since 3/'17.  

This topic is a carry over from the "How can we stop/reduce cheating" thread.  Ed posted a screenshot of someone with six identical posts, back when there was a glitch

(and some geocachers didn't even realize it happened until they saw, as you referenced "45 unique hides/52 total hides" mention on their profile).

I won't repeat everything from the other thread, but what happened, in my opinion, is mostly likely just a glitch that the poster didn't realize even happened.

2 hours ago, edscott said:

Have seen as many as 6 consecutive "finds" by the same person on the same cache.  I realize it could be an unintentional result of a computer glitch, but why does the cache page accept the duplicate logs?

It was a glitch, and as was mentioned in the other thread, at the time the website allowed it. It doesn't anymore.

Nowadays, geocachers who want to log a Find It on their own hide just create another account.

Edited by Max and 99