Need map of Bermuda for Garmin Oregon GPSr

Randy58

17 hours ago, Randy58 said:

I need to import a map of Bermuda into my Garmin Oregon gpsr.  Any suggestions?

This doesn't answer your question but may be helpful as an option...

Besides using my GPSr, I often use my iPhone with the Cachly app for geocaching.

When I went to Bermuda a few years ago, as well as when I went to England a couple years ago, I was able to download all geocaches in the areas that I was visiting into my Cachly app in an offline list.  I was also able to download the maps using Google Maps for the areas I was visiting into my phone as well.

Not wanting to pay for an international data plan, I was able to use my phone in airplane mode in each country to find caches.  I was able to geocache in each country using no data but using my phone as a GPS receiver.  I could also navigate with walking directions using the offline Google Maps.  Some people don't realize that GPS signals can still be used by smartphones when in airplane mode.

Hello Geo Elmo, thank you for your comment.  Much appreciated.  I'm familiar with that method of the offline download fix.  However, I like to use my phone as a backup while caching and prefer to use my gps device.  It's more rugged then my phone, etc.  Thanks again.  Randy

Would it be worth your while to message an active geocacher who lives in Bermuda? Perhaps they have a source for the map you need. A lot of the geocaches placed in Bermuda are not owned by locals, but several are. When I looked, some of the locals show no recent activity with geocaching.com, but many do. Might be worth a shot.