wrong vitsit date

Followers 0

I logged some waymarks today after a long time. Thereby I noticed: No matter which date I enter, afterwards my log is always with today's date.

I can change this via "edit log". But it is quite annoying, because I actually always log later but would like to have the actual visit date. (That the date in the statistics is wrong, we know...)
Is that with you too, or is the problem with me?

Cheers, Michael

2 hours ago, prussel said:

Is that with you too, or is the problem with me?

You are not alone, I experience the same thing.

Also it seems the visit date is in a different time zone. As an example I am in  PST,  if I post generally after 2:00 pm (or there about) it records the next day.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:39 AM, T0SHEA said:

You are not alone, I experience the same thing.

Also it seems the visit date is in a different time zone. As an example I am in  PST,  if I post generally after 2:00 pm (or there about) it records the next day.

Same. I am in PST as well, and some times it is showing tomorrow's date. Wish Groundspeak would fix the issue. It's been several weeks.

• Funny 1

Yep, this has been happening to me recently as well. The system ignores the date you enter and always puts in today's date. Or perhaps tomorrows. You have to upload your image(s) and then go back and edit the visit. When you change the date on the edit page it seems to stick. The real annoyance is that for some unknown reason you can't edit a visit after twenty-four hours so I have several "bad" visit dates over the last few weeks. Not that anyone really cares but I do like for my stats, such as they are, to be correct.

4 hours ago, TyroneShoelaces said:

Still no fix to this?  I'm logging a bunch from this past weekend and have to edit the date each time.  Ugh...

Groundspeak tends to prioritize resources to things that have monetary incentives. Waymarking, unfortunately is not one of them. The site doesn't bring in much, if any, revenue unlike Geocaching. I don't see this becoming fixed anytime soon. Heck, we've been missing the maps on the stats of our profile pages for years now. And that hasn't been fixed. The trend in the past with Groundspeak is what is the bare minimum we can do to keep the site afloat. And frankly, this issue (while it is a problem), isn't enough for Groundspeak to spend the time and money on (even though it's probably an easy fix in the code).

Edited by bluesnote