Pocket queries not showing description, logs, etc.

When I run a pocket query and send it to my Garmin Oregon 400t, there are no descriptions of the geocache, no logs, hints or other information.  It's been a few years since I geocached, but the pocket queries used to work just fine.  The pocket query is unzipped with Winzip and I drag those files into the cache file located on the Oregon.  I do notice that the unzipped file icon looks like a blank sheet of paper instead of a gear like icon like it used to be.  I have tried using GSAK, and get the same results, but maybe I am missing some steps using GSAK.  I am running Windows 10 and my browser is Firefox, although it didn't work with Edge either.  Has something changed in the past few years or am I missing some steps?  The only way I have found I get all the information on my Oregon is to load each geocache from the map page using the "send to Garmin" button.  Thanks for any help.

Edited by mustangcats
misspelled word

So many places to check.  The GPX files are plain text. Have you tried opening one in a text editor to see what is inside the file?  Have you previewed the PQ on the web site to see how many caches it contains?  When you load the PQ into GSAK how many caches does it list.  What happens when you open one of the caches in GSAK?

You have described a problem but not described the steps you are taking, so it is difficult to assist you.

I was finally able to get it to work, although I may have trouble trying to do it again!  First of all, it turns out that I wasn't unzipping the files and was instead dragging the zipped file into the Garmin.  I was finally able to get the file unzipped after I figured out how to use Winzip, but then I wasn't sure which folder on the Garmin to drag the unzipped files to.  After some trial and error, I realized they needed to be put in the GPX folder on the Garmin.  Like I mentioned earlier, it has been several years since I used the Oregon and I forgot how to import the pocket queries.  It didn't help that I had since purchased a new computer and I didn't have all the necessary programs installed. I have successfully installed a pocket query on my Garmin and am looking forward to using it on a trip this weekend.

You can save a step by skipping Winzip. You can extract the files directly in Windows 10. After downloading, right click on the zipped file and select 'Extract All'. Select the GPX folder on your gps and click 'Extract'. If you are using GSAK, Winzip is not needed either. GSAK can open a zipped pocket query directly. 

• Helpful 1