[FEATURE] logging a geotour

ilTozzo

I did my first geotour last year, and in a few days I will start a 10-days-trip to do the second one. I was thinking... there should be a way to "log" a geotour beside logging all the caches in it. Like a log for the whole geotour itself, where you can leave a comment about your experience in total, without focusing on a specific cache or area. And in the geotour page, all this kind of logs will be collected and could be read by anyone who visits the page. Of course it won't give a find, but there could be a counter on the geotour page with the number of geotours you have completed. It's just an idea, but I think it'll add a lot to the geotour experience!

• Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ilTozzo said:

I did my first geotour last year, and in a few days I will start a 10-days-trip to do the second one. I was thinking... there should be a way to "log" a geotour beside logging all the caches in it. Like a log for the whole geotour itself, where you can leave a comment about your experience in total, without focusing on a specific cache or area. And in the geotour page, all this kind of logs will be collected and could be read by anyone who visits the page. Of course it won't give a find, but there could be a counter on the geotour page with the number of geotours you have completed. It's just an idea, but I think it'll add a lot to the geotour experience!

I kinda like the idea ...Similar to the extended log when we do the last cache in a series.  That last cache is where we usually leave a FP too.  :)

But you want it separate, and that's where the issue is.    Most we've done had the most info on the first cache in the "tour".

I suppose whoever is responsible for keeping the "tour" up could insert positive statements that others have made about it, but they could also see the last on the tour for FPs too (if curious finders are someone who believes that FPs mean anything).  

The number of "geotours" you completed doesn't mean anything to anyone else really, does it ?   I'd like to leave that out...

• Upvote 1
On 8/3/2021 at 1:19 PM, ilTozzo said:

At first I wasn't a fan of this suggestion. But now I am. There's a new tour near me that has something like 150 favorite points already. But then when you look closer you realize that half those favorite points are from a geocache that's been collecting them for 6 years before the geotour even started. So the favorite points for the geotour don't accurately reflect a rating for the actual tour. As always, the favorite points are an accumulation of all the geocaches in the geotour including ones that were placed many years before the geotour began.

So I agree with your suggestion on the ability to rate a Geotour. I don't think the count means anything to anybody though. 

• Upvote 1