Caching In/Around Sacramento - Part 2

Rent

There as been quite a bit of goings on behind the scenes. Sorry didn't mean to leave anybody out. The most recent has been a grueling hike to Pyramid peak by Glenn95630 and M@ on Sat; and an attempted hike by me (Jeo) by a different route to catch Halfway There cache on the way to Pyramid peak. My way was a bust but "I'LL BE BAACK!" I did get the other caches but it was a liitle too steep to get to Room @ the Top from Halfway There. I saw lots of wildlife ( I think it was the Spam icon_wink.gif and even helped fix a flat tire for a beer. icon_biggrin.gif

cartoon5.jpg

Just noticed the SquirrelNutkin post directly above mine ! This cartoon is for all Sacramentans to enjoy, and an invitation to come down to the central valley where we have lots of caches for you guys to explore.

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.

[This message was edited by Ron Streeter on October 02, 2002 at 08:40 AM.]

Time to wake up, Sacramento cachers! A group of nine of us, believing that it is OK to venture south of Elk Grove, headed down to Lodi for the first of what we hope will be more field trips into Central Valley territory. And we discovered that there are lots of caches with lots of variety just waiting for us.

I notice that someone has already noticed the name we gave our little band: the River City GeoCaching Society. And ours is not an exclusive group; all Sacramento cachers are welcome. So lets get down there and get noticed even more - lets get out of our parks and into the wilderness that awaits us out there!

...has a nice ring to it and.....

...did you know that when 10 of you come to Stockton and find 17 caches (mostly mine I think) that my email mail-carrier practically has a heart attack carrying all those messages?

Of course I love answering them and having my caches found by all you folks. I think I own Sac a visit !

Ron

I've never been lost. Fearsome confused sometimes, but never lost.