New Mexico Geocaching

Guest Shy2fly617

Guest Shy2fly617

In going through the many postings for other states, we noticed that there weren't any for New Mexico. We are new to Geocaching and absolutely love it. Through reading some of the other topics, we have seen that there are geocaching contests going on through the country. Would that be of interest to some in New Mexico? I'm not sure how one would go about organizing the event, but feel that a competive aspect in New Mexico would be great. Any thoughts and ideas on the subject??

Rob and Mysti

I've been a member for a couple of years, but haven't many finds because the cache density in Farmington is a bit light. Anyway, love the "thrill of the chase" and would like to meet some "local" cachers!

Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food, and tyrannize their teachers. - Socrates

I have asked this in another thread also.

I have been asked to see if I can come up with a plan to help promote the small town I live in Portales, New Mexico using GeoCaching some how. It was suggested that since Portales is located in Roosevelt county and it was named after Teddy Roosevelt that “teddy bears” be hidden in the county and the day of the event which would be part of the “Heritage Days” celebration the coordinates for these bears be passed out. Ok here is the problem, we need to make sure that we do not have a lot of GeoCachers trying to get to the same place at the same time and there needs to be a first place, second place and third place winners at the end of the day. Places to be determined by what? Number of bears collected? Special ribbon tied on the bears? I am open for any and all input. What ideas do you all have? And has any one done any thing like this before. The city would like to make this an annual event it does well.

Thank You

Doug Lynch