Marriage Proposal Vienna

S3L4T0NY

Dear all, 

My girlfriend and I will go to Vienna in the last week of September. We're together quite some time and I want to make a marriage proposal. 

We discovered geocache recently and we really liked finding them. That's why I thought that it might be a nice idea to proposal her in Vienna with a geocache (riddle or something). I've read a couple of threads on this matter, and I think the best way to go is to work together with a local. That's why I want to ask whether there is a local who can help me out. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

P.S. I've posted this message on the German-speaking section of the forum, hope that's the right place! 

Hi,

that's nice and I wish you all the best.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:41 PM, S3L4T0NY said:

I've read a couple of threads on this matter,

I haven't. And perhaps that's why there hasn't been any answer so far (and that's why I answer as it would be a pity if the thing wouldn't work :-)). Additionally I don't know if too may cachers from Vienna read this forum.

Perhaps you should think of more specific ideas and than contact some Vienna cache owners directly via website.

A relatively easy way would be to host an event (is it possible in Vienna considering the pandemic situation?) at a beautilful place. I am sure some geocachers will host that event with a neutral listing not spoiling anything to your girlfriend. But they - or you - can contact the attendees in advance to inform them about the idea. There are several things that may happen at the event but that's up to you and your ideas.

Jochen

Hi S3L4T0NY,

If your request is still up-to-date: Can you basically also imagine carrying out your plan during a stopover, or are you even prepared to take a small or larger detour for it? (e.g. near Wiesbaden, Heidelberg, or Pforzheim) If so, please feel free to contact me. For example, it is possible to equip the cache https://coord.info/GC6VA66 and https://coord.info/GC8F97V with an add-on, that can only be accessed by you. I wish you both all the best.

Greetings Johannis10

• Helpful 1
On 8/8/2021 at 1:14 PM, frostengel said:

Hi,

that's nice and I wish you all the best.

I haven't. And perhaps that's why there hasn't been any answer so far (and that's why I answer as it would be a pity if the thing wouldn't work :-)). Additionally I don't know if too may cachers from Vienna read this forum.

Perhaps you should think of more specific ideas and than contact some Vienna cache owners directly via website.

A relatively easy way would be to host an event (is it possible in Vienna considering the pandemic situation?) at a beautilful place. I am sure some geocachers will host that event with a neutral listing not spoiling anything to your girlfriend. But they - or you - can contact the attendees in advance to inform them about the idea. There are several things that may happen at the event but that's up to you and your ideas.

Jochen

Hi Jochen, thank you for your reply. Some cache owners already contacted me and we are working on it! But thank you for thinking with me!

On 8/19/2021 at 1:58 AM, Johannis10 said:

Hi S3L4T0NY,

If your request is still up-to-date: Can you basically also imagine carrying out your plan during a stopover, or are you even prepared to take a small or larger detour for it? (e.g. near Wiesbaden, Heidelberg, or Pforzheim) If so, please feel free to contact me. For example, it is possible to equip the cache https://coord.info/GC6VA66 and https://coord.info/GC8F97V with an add-on, that can only be accessed by you. I wish you both all the best.

Greetings Johannis10

Dear Johannis10, thank you for thinking along. My request is definitely up-to-date :) , but we will go directly (with the train) to Vienna, so will not be an option. But thank you for ideas, much appreciated!