SoCalAdmin M.I.A.?

Bob&TheGang

What happened to the the SoCalAdmin (i.e., the person who approves cache requests for Southern California)?

I have put in a cache request last Saturday (8/23/03) and as of 8/27/03 (at 6:15 am - Pacific time) it has yet been approved.

I also emailed the SoCalAdmin about over a week ago about an issue with another cache. I have yet to heard back yet.

So, is the SoCalAdmin M.I.A.?

If this person is on vaction, that is find, but there should be some type of post saying there will be a longer then usual delay to approve cache post and to respond to emails.

- Bobkat92 & the 3 Bears

"To me, Geocaching is the thrill of the hunt and going to neat places (you might not go otherwise); it's NOT what you actually find in a cache."

[This message was edited by Bobkat92 & the 3 Bears on August 27, 2003 at 06:41 AM.]

We submitted a cache Sunday afternoon; it's only Wednesday morning, so I'm not going to get all excited about the fact that it hasn't been approved yet, but I was beginning to wonder, idly, if SoCal was on vacation or something. Usually the approvals do come through faster than that. Actually, I was worried that the new form was broken or something and my submission wasn't in the queue, but it sounds like there's just a slightly longer wait right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Keystone Approver:

I see nothing pending in the approval queue under your username, Bobkat92. Did you receive a confirming e-mail about your cache submission? If so, what's the GC number of your cache?

--------------------

frog.gif Don't mess with the frog. frog.gif

Okay, now I *am* a bit worried that the new form has a bug or something. Do we have ours (GCGQKH) in the queue?

[This message was edited by Kite & Hawkeye on August 27, 2003 at 08:47 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Kite & Hawkeye:

Okay, now I *am* a bit worried that the new form has a bug or something. Do we have ours (GCGQKH) in the queue?

Yes, it is there.

I don't see the cache by Bobkat92 & the 3 Bears either. Is it possible that you disabled it? If so, then it will not show up. Can you post the URL to the cache?

Hey, I'm here! I was out of town and away from a computer for a few days, but I'm back now. The other admins were helping me out where they could, but the area I handle (Southern California - 37 deg and south, and Arizona) gets A LOT of submissions, so things have fallen a bit behind. I'll be getting them caught up before the weekend, but don't be surprised if I'm 2 or 3 days behind again by Monday!

As far as Bob Cat's cache goes, I don't see it either. Can you give me the GC# on it? Dillon Gang, it looks like you got your answer, but I don't think it's the one you wanted! Kite & Hawkeye, I've approved your cache.

Keep them coming gang!

quote:
Originally posted by Bobkat92 & the 3 Bears:

What happened to the the SoCalAdmin (i.e., the person who approves cache requests for Southern California)?

I have put in a cache request last Saturday (8/23/03) and as of 8/27/03 (at 6:15 am - Pacific time) it has yet been approved.

I also emailed the SoCalAdmin about over a week ago about an issue with another cache. I have yet to heard back yet.

So, is the SoCalAdmin M.I.A.?

If this person is on vaction, that is find, but there should be some type of post saying there will be a longer then usual delay to approve cache post and to respond to emails.

_- Bobkat92 & the 3 Bears_

_"To me, Geocaching is the thrill of the hunt and going to neat places (you might not go otherwise); it's NOT what you actually find in a cache."_

[This message was edited by Bobkat92 & the 3 Bears on August 27, 2003 at 06:41 AM.]

There's a time limit on having the "hide a cache" form open. If it took you more than 40 minutes to make the cache page, then it will not have gone through.

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."