Forums: Please add a "disagree" emoji voting button

GeoElmo6000

The forums are a place for questions, discussions, and debates, and oftentimes people disagree with others.  That's the nature of discussions and debates.

GCHQ wants to keep everything positive and friendly, but the emojis voting buttons one can use on another's forum post - upvote, love, helpful, surprised, and funny - don't allow one to show disagreement with a post.

Oftentimes the "funny" emoji is used for voting as disagreement.  It's the closest thing to disagreement, though the use of "funny" for posts that aren't meant to be funny can be seen as rude and childish. 

(Yes, I know I'm inviting "funny" votes for this post, and I can handle it :D )

Please give us a way to show disagreement with the voting buttons.  Thank you.

• Upvote 3
  • Funny 4
  • Surprised 1
  • Helpful 1
3 hours ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

GCHQ wants to keep everything positive and friendly, but the emojis voting buttons one can use on another's forum post - upvote, love, helpful, surprised, and funny - don't allow one to show disagreement with a post.

Oftentimes the "funny" emoji is used for voting as disagreement.  It's the closest thing to disagreement, though the use of "funny" for posts that aren't meant to be funny can be seen as rude and childish. 

(Yes, I know I'm inviting "funny" votes for this post, and I can handle it :D )

Please give us a way to show disagreement with the voting buttons.  Thank you.

If you disagree, the forums is meant to be a place where we discuss why...     

I don't know of anyone using "funny " to disagree, only when a post (to them) is funny, or ridiculous.

• Upvote 1