Background Image Issue

Calypso62

Looking at the background image on some of my cache listings on the website, I've noticed there's an issue with how the image is presented with the colour shifting on the background image as I scroll down the page. Can anyone tell me what's happening here? Is it something I can fix?

Thanks for any help.

856096505_BackgroundImage1.thumb.jpg.7b6a7da395d78cbfd17917b8105af805.jpg

Bottom of page:

1544138471_BackgroundImage2.thumb.jpg.39e73c9df398448cefe11c813772ea97.jpg

9 hours ago, Calypso62 said:

Looking at the background image on some of my cache listings on the website, I've noticed there's an issue with how the image is presented with the colour shifting on the background image as I scroll down the page. Can anyone tell me what's happening here? Is it something I can fix?

Thanks for any help.

That's certainly weird, but I'm not seeing it happen when I look at that cache page. I'm using Firefox 90.0.2 on Windows 10.

I see the shift in Chrome on WIndows 10.  It's not there in Edge.  I don't know why, or what would cause it - perhaps a plugin or extension?  More like a coloir layer is shifting, but the image is a .jpg.  Or is it? What are the layer aspects, if any, of the upl;oaded image?

Sounds like an issue with Chrome's JPG renderer. Perhaps there's something in the image file that doesn't conform to the JPG specifications?

What happens if you upload this (visually identical) image as the background? Does the issue persist?

copy.jpg.a1fc7852a862a2bdb0d9472ab5d1bb91.jpg

Edited by Hügh
4 hours ago, Hügh said:

What happens if you upload this (visually identical) image as the background? Does the issue persist?

copy.jpg.a1fc7852a862a2bdb0d9472ab5d1bb91.jpg

I've now changed the background image to Hugh's one. The colour looks fine all the way down the page on the left but as you scan across to the right side of the page, you can see the colour shifting. Weird!!!!!

Test.jpg

On 7/27/2021 at 8:23 PM, Calypso62 said:

I'm using Chrome Version 92.0.4515.107 on Windows 10

I don't have that issue on that cache page with the same version of Chrome and Windows as you (and 64-bit if that matters).  I also tried Chrome on my Android tablet.  The "Emoji" tile is crisp and clear throughout the screen -- but it's a different emoji than the one in your screen shots.  I guess you changed it?

Some posts lean towards glitches being a problem with the newest Chrome updates (which are automatic).  Others suggest that it's an issue with hardware graphics drivers.

For reference:

A post that is kinda-sorta like your problem (not fixed):
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577086/graphic-issues-on-certain-websitespictures/page-2

An article about fixing Chrome graphics issues:
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-google-chrome-flickering-on-windows/#fix4

Edited by kunarion