Can't change Attended date on events

GeoElmo6000

I hosted an event yesterday, but when I went to log my event today through the website (using Chrome), the date picker was hidden.  I tried this on another event as well (one in which I wasn't CO) and had the same issue.

One should be able to change the attended log date; please look this over and fix.

Log types in which you can pick a date:

Will Attend

Write note

Log types in which you cannot pick a date:

Announcement

Attended

Disable

Archive

Write note

EDIT: unless it's automatically logging the date of the event?  If so this is just bad UI choice, as I'd want to know what date my log was going to be written for.

Edited by GeoElmo6000
  • Surprised 1

Update: I logged the event and as I suspected, it logged it on the date of the event.  

While I understand the reasoning, and I agree with it, I think the UI should be updated to show the date that's being logged, even if it cannot be modified. 

If I post an announcement, it doesn't give me a date picker option and uses the date the log was created.  If I post an attended, it doesn't give me a date picker option and uses the date of the event.

• Surprised 1
25 minutes ago, GeoElmo6000 said:

If I post an announcement, it doesn't give me a date picker option and uses the date the log was created.  If I post an attended, it doesn't give me a date picker option and uses the date of the event.

Exactly. And that's the way it should be.

• Upvote 3
6 minutes ago, niraD said:

Exactly. And that's the way it should be.

It's the way it should be, I agree, but there's a difference between constraining the date of a log type and actually informing the user what that date will be.  There's a concept of read-only fields that inform the user without being able to be modified.  

• Funny 1
  • Surprised 1