"CACHEPORT" Sacramento, Ca.

Guest sjdavis

Guest sjdavis

We up in the northstate would like some cacher in the Sacramento area to establish a cacheport at/or near the Sacramento International Airport.

Also one near I-5/I-80 would be nice for eastbound drivers.

we have a few travel bugs/traveler that need to go east. Plus it would help travelers in other areas.

A spaceage theme would be interesting.

See what you all can do.

Remember to name it Cacheport/Sac, or something like that.

The Postman

Hiding a cache IN an airport, given the current situation, sounds like a good way to get somebody arrested. The only way I can see making it work is to set something up with one of the concessions such as TCBY, where they hang onto the cache and pull it out for interested parties.

Alternatively, how far from the Airport can it be? If it doesn't need to be within walking distance, a cache over by the Sacramento River might work.

- Rent

by Rent:

Hiding a cache IN an airport, given the current situation, sounds like a good way to get somebody arrested. The only way I can see making it work is to set something up with one of the concessions such as TCBY, where they hang onto the cache and pull it out for interested parties.

Alternatively, how far from the Airport can it be? If it doesn't need to be within walking distance, a cache over by the Sacramento River might work.

- Rent

We plan on going to Aruba in mid January. I have not been there since the mid 1960's, and I would like to lave a cache there, but I would not be able to maintain the site, any suggestions???

------------------

Guest sjdavis

This post is going in the wrong direction.

Please kindly get back to the subject of a cacheport near the Sacramento Airport and or near I-5/I-80.Those with cache ideas for maui or aruba please start your own post.

Thank you.

And yes a cache on airport property would not be a good idea unless you know someone in authority there.

The current Lakeside cache is not a good place for a cacheport as it is to far and time comsuming for your basic traveler.

There is a rest stop area for southbound travelers just before the airport exit.

but this would not serve northbound travelers.

Are there areas just south of the airport exit where north and southbound travelers can both access without much delay.

Thanks

The Postman

Guest GeoRockers

quote:
Originally posted by sjdavis:

The current Lakeside cache is not a good place for a cacheport as it is to far and time comsuming for your basic traveler.

Lake Side Wilderness is less than 500 yards from the airport property line... but it is not an easy 500 yards.[ icon_biggrin.gif]

This one is less than 100 feet from the airport property line: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=9106

Have fun! [ icon_smile.gif]

Guest GeoRockers

quote:
Originally posted by sjdavis:

Lake Side Wilderness is less than 500 yards from the airport property line... but it is not an easy 500 yards.[ icon_biggrin.gif]

This one is less than 100 feet from the airport property line: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=9106

Have fun! [ icon_smile.gif]

What about putting them at a reststop, How far out is Dunagun from Sac International? I odn't remember. That could be for the people comming south.

Isn't there a rest stop South of Sac International on I-5? I Travel that way a few times a year but I can't remember if there is or not.

The Consession stand sounds like a good idea, but you should make sure it's aproved all the way up, I don't want to find out that someone is in jail and we must geocache him out because he/she left a suspicious package behind.

Taz

quote:
Originally posted by taztwr:

What about putting them at a reststop, How far out is Dunagun from Sac International? I odn't remember. That could be for the people comming south.

Isn't there a rest stop South of Sac International on I-5? I Travel that way a few times a year but I can't remember if there is or not.

The Dunnigan Rest Area is about 30 miles North of the Airport and the Southbound side already has a cache.

There is a rest area a few miles North of the Airport, but it is Southbound only and is currently closed for renovation/reconstruction.

It seems like you would want a spot accessable to both North and Southbound travelers.

- Rent

Guest glenn95630

At the airport exit, what is south of I5? The airport is north, but south of the freeway is a deadend if I remember correctly.

It might be a good spot. It would be convient since northbound and southbound travelers exit I5 here anyway.

Here is link to topozone showing that area.

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=38.677333391194004&lon=-121.61157467584566&s=50&size=s&symshow=n&u=1