Arizona Cachers! Please Read!

The Pet Posse

We'll be going to Tucson Aug 26 to speak with Az Park Rangers about geocaching.

If any Az Cachers have SPECIFIC issues or concerns, please help by emailing us with all questions.

So far, the rangers' major concerns are caches located on or near archeological sites.

We'll be taking several types of caches along with us for 'show & tell' and we'll be setting up a quick cache hunt to take them on near the conference center.

We'd appreciate any & all assistance! I know it's an awful lot to ask, but we could use the loan of a few extra GPS's to take along for the demo hunt. Thank You!

Joe & Christy

The Pet Posse

Dogs Have Owners....Cats Have Staff!!

Well, I've been to Tucson once... but I'll add my two bits worth.

When caches lead us to areas requiring no impact, there's nothing like using an off-set. Basicly, you can either lead a cacher near or at something amazing. Then have them learn what the off-set coordinates are. For example, Field 159 (Which would not support a cache well) gives you a real cache without harming the display and you get to see something you likely would have missed.

Caching is not Trashing. When properly stashed, a cache can be the worlds greatest tour guild and no harm will be done as a result. If the rangers knew most cachers clean as they go, they'd band tourist and school field trips and require Geocaching!!!

Best wishes at your demonstration. Wish I could be there.

Bill of Green Achers

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill

quote:
Originally posted by Green Achers:

Well, I've been to Tucson once... but I'll add my two bits worth.

When caches lead us to areas requiring no impact, there's nothing like using an off-set. Basicly, you can either lead a cacher near or at something amazing. Then have them learn what the off-set coordinates are. For example, Joaquin's Watering Hole (which would not support a cache well) gives you a real cache without harming the display and you get to see something you likely would have missed.

Caching is not Trashing. When properly stashed, a cache can be the worlds greatest tour guild and no harm will be done as a result. If the rangers knew most cachers clean as they go, they'd band tourist and school field trips and require Geocaching!!!

Best wishes at your demonstration. Wish I could be there.

_Bill of Green Achers_

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill

Bill of Green Achers