collect

mummyanddaddyp

Don't post a secret Tracking Code (coin number), unless the owner has allowed it.  But it's OK to post the "Reference Number" that typically starts with "TB", shown in the upper right corner of the coin page.

The vast majority of Geocoins and TBs are placed into caches with the intent that they get moved to another cache, to travel.  Not to be kept.  It's best to assume this intent, unless you've been told otherwise.  The one you found has a lot of logs of cachers moving the coin cache-to-cache, and appears to have the default intent to travel:

https://coord.info/TB7RGXG

It's odd that it's set to "Not Collectible" yet in a Collection.  Have logs been deleted?  If the owner wishes for the item to travel, it needs to not be in a Collection.

If the owner wants you to keep it, the correct action would be to adopt it to you.  The Collection is best used when an owner will retain ownership, but is loaning it to another player (on the owner's terms).  The transaction needs to be plainly stated on the coin's page, with information about the terms, so it's all above-board and there's no confusion about who's keeping it or why.

It looks like there is confusion in this case.  You need to find out what the owner intended.  It would also be best if owners would type such info onto the Trackable's page, or at least in logs.  And not delete logs, which tends to make the situation worse.

Most often, people select "This Item Is Collectible" because they like to press buttons, and "Collectible" is a button.  It's possible that the owner in fact intends it to be placed into a Collection (and therefore removed from play), but you must first find out if the intended person is YOU.  If "Collectible" was selected in error, and the owner requests you return it to a cache ad log the drop (so it can continue on its journey), that's the owner's perogative, and in that case, no, it's not proper to keep it.

But while it's in a Collection, placing it into a cache will create new issues.  The logs will probably need to be unscrambled so the coin can return to play.  Good luck!   :)

Edited by kunarion
50 minutes ago, mummyanddaddyp said:

today i found a coin   can i keep it or doi have to move it on its the first one i found so not sure

The coin has "this is NOT collectible" , and that is the default on most today.  That means the TO has plans to keep it moving to caches.

I don't understand how you were able to use the log put it in your collection.  

You now have three from the same cache in your possession. I'd say maybe it's a good idea if you Dropped all three to other caches.

One option for good info on how the trackables side game is played is the  Help Center..   Events are good too.

• Helpful 1
On 7/22/2021 at 5:32 PM, cerberus1 said:

The coin has "this is NOT collectible" , and that is the default on most today.  That means the TO has plans to keep it moving to caches.

I don't understand how you were able to use the log put it in your collection.  

You now have three from the same cache in your possession. I'd say maybe it's a good idea if you Dropped all three to other caches.

One option for good info on how the trackables side game is played is the  Help Center..   Events are good too.

dropped coin now going to drop others off as soon as can  thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1