Introducing Reach the Peak

Followers 6

49 minutes ago, mysterion604 said:

As this is a mountain-related challenge, I hope they continue to make earthcaches the highest (or 2nd highest) point-scoring thing, above things like mysteries and multis. 

It really is more thematically appropriate.

I hope they do this in October, the month of the International Earth Cache Day.

• Helpful 1
3 hours ago, mysterion604 said:

As this is a mountain-related challenge, I hope they continue to make earthcaches the highest (or 2nd highest) point-scoring thing, above things like mysteries and multis. 

It really is more thematically appropriate.

Most of the Earthcaches I've done have been at sea level. My own one goes below sea level at high tide, so not exactly a "peak".

• Upvote 1
On 9/6/2021 at 7:43 PM, CAVinoGal said:

We've got the Basecamp for VInson; and will grab the caches in this area to qualify for the Peak souvenir in the next day or two.  Then wait for the next in early October...

Achieved the Vinson Peak souvenir today, and again, can't claim the "unchallenge" bit - we DID target highly favorited caches to reach it more quickly with fewer finds.  "Vacation"  ends tomorrow when we head home - and we'll go from there.  We will almost HAVE to make a decided effort to reach more of the peaks; whether we will or not, time will tell.

• Surprised 1
On 9/13/2021 at 2:17 PM, Max and 99 said:

One lucky friend of mine got 1200 points for one cache! 😁 👍

How so?  I thought 600 was the max for any cache, regardless of type or fav points or whatever....and even if you CAN combine, and EC (500) with >10 fave points (600) is still 1100?!?!

Edited by CAVinoGal
On 9/13/2021 at 2:17 PM, Max and 99 said:

One lucky friend of mine got 1200 points for one cache! 😁 👍

On 9/14/2021 at 8:52 PM, Max and 99 said:

A glitch, of course! Definitely a glitch. 

Looking over my friends' lists, and my own, for this promo, I'm seeing 600 pts as the most awarded for any one cache find.  Some glitch!!!