Jump to content

Travel Bug still in owners hands


Recommended Posts

I recently picked up a TB. When I went to log it, it said it was in the hands of the owner. I messaged the owner but have had no reply back. I haven't tried but can this still be moved along?

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Shred-Tec said:

I recently picked up a TB. When I went to log it, it said it was in the hands of the owner. I messaged the owner but have had no reply back. I haven't tried but can this still be moved along?

How long has it been in the location you picked it up from? You can grab it from the person who currently has it, then continue logging as usual. But I would check first to make sure they hadn't just dropped it. 

 

From The Help Center:

 

Log the trackable promptly

Trackables are like hot potatoes, they don't want to stay in one person’s hands too long!

If you pick up a trackable that is not logged into the inventory of the cache you find it in, be considerate and give the person who left it there a few days to post their log online. This lets them complete their part of the trackable's journey, and keeps the trackable's travel record accurate.

Tip: To retrieve or drop trackables in a geocache you own or have already found, choose the log type Write Note.

  • Funny 1
Link to post
21 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

How long has it been in the location you picked it up from? You can grab it from the person who currently has it, then continue logging as usual. But I would check first to make sure they hadn't just dropped it. 

 

From The Help Center:

 

Log the trackable promptly

Trackables are like hot potatoes, they don't want to stay in one person’s hands too long!

If you pick up a trackable that is not logged into the inventory of the cache you find it in, be considerate and give the person who left it there a few days to post their log online. This lets them complete their part of the trackable's journey, and keeps the trackable's travel record accurate.

Tip: To retrieve or drop trackables in a geocache you own or have already found, choose the log type Write Note.

It's been in the cache i found it in for just over 2 months. Like i said, i have messaged the owner with no response. looking at owner profile, only 17 finds. Premium member

Joined 03/19/2016 Last Visited 05/12/2021. Just curios, if i can grab this from the owners hands. What's to stop someone from grabbing a TB they don't even have in their possession?
Link to post
15 minutes ago, Shred-Tec said:

It's been in the cache i found it in for just over 2 months. Like i said, i have messaged the owner with no response. looking at owner profile, only 17 finds. Premium member

Joined 03/19/2016 Last Visited 05/12/2021. Just curios, if i can grab this from the owners hands. What's to stop someone from grabbing a TB they don't even have in their possession?

The number. That's all. 

 

Since it's been in that cache for 2 months I think grabbing it is appropriate. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
Link to post
52 minutes ago, Shred-Tec said:

I recently picked up a TB. When I went to log it, it said it was in the hands of the owner. I messaged the owner but have had no reply back. I haven't tried but can this still be moved along?

 

You didn't include the Reference number so we get what you're saying .   Do not type the tracking code here.

Does it say "collectible" on the trackable's page ?  When you go to log it, what are your options ?  Thanks.    :)

Link to post
11 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

 

You didn't include the Reference number so we get what you're saying .   Do not type the tracking code here.

Does it say "collectible" on the trackable's page ?  When you go to log it, what are your options ?  Thanks.    :)

Tracables page: This is not a collectible

log options:

Grab it from current holder. (which is the owner)

Write a note

Discovered it

  • Upvote 1
Link to post

After this much time, I’d also say a “grab” log is appropriate.  Next make a “visit” log at that cache for mileage (it was never logged into it), you can add a “visit” by editing your log and selecting “visited” for the TB.  Then it’s all caught up and in your inventory, so you can move it along.

 

 

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
Link to post
51 minutes ago, Shred-Tec said:

Thanks for all the help. I have "grabbed it" and did a visit log. I will send him on his way.


Sometimes I just make a nice, simple “discover” log, maybe with a cool photo.  Because if I pick it up from the cache, well, you know… :rolleyes:

 

Other times, I take it as a challenge to unscramble the TB logs, so the next finder doesn’t have a mess to deal with.  On special occasions. :anicute:
 

 

Edited by kunarion
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...