Oh WOW!

Meandering along the highway today I noticed a sign on a construction site that read something like: COMING SOON - A NEW TIN HORTON'S.

Well, that's just too cool. No pix today - it's hot and the Calgary Stampede finals are on, so I'm not going anywhere at the moment. Mebbe tomorrow morning I'll walk down and get pix.

Here in a small city of less than 10,000, I always thought that this would be a good place for a Timmy's. Traveling through the Maritimes, especially in PEI, I had noticed that there was a Timmy's on every second street corner, or so it seemed. Kensington is one in particular that I noticed (CRAP - didn't Waymark it!). Small town, Timmy's on a major intersection, ALWAYS a lineup at the drive-Thru.

Anyhow, a question: - would it be good form to Waymark a place that doesn't yet exist?

Just wondering...

Keith

39 minutes ago, ScroogieII said:

Anyhow, a question: - would it be good form to Waymark a place that doesn't yet exist?

Just wondering...

Keith

I'd waymark the sign as it is now, and post another picture after it is finished, like the Grand Opening, with all the streamers and flags and such.

22 hours ago, ScroogieII said:

Just wondering...

The only waymark I made "early", was the first and (probably for a long time) the only Apple Store in my hometown. I took the photos a few weeks before the shop opened, but I wanted to make sure that no other waymarker would grab it. That has happened to me with the first and only Hard Rock Cafe in Wien.

But I never waymarked a not yet existant building/waymark. That reminds me that I need a waymark in the "Building buildings" category. :-)

Well, yes, but you never know what you will stumble over when you leave your home with a camera. Lately I found my first waymark for the category Omnivorous Trees. Not, that I haven't seen any trees growing through a fence of something, but this is the first one that deserves a waymark (in my opinion).

Back to the topic: I would take photos of the construction site and keep them and post them together with photos of the Tim Horton's Restaurant on the day of the opening (or a few days earlier). ;)

I'M BAAAAAACK (Evil cackling of laughter...)

Got knocked off both the internet AND my TV feed five days ago and just got service restored late this morning. The cause was a wildfire east of Osoyoos which burned some fibre optic cable. It's the big one at the bottom of the map below. The work crews couldn't get in to work on the cable until sometime yesterday. So far this year we've had 1,246 fires, 41 new ones this week. And yes, it's STILL pretty hot and Rain Free, though no more of that 47° stuff, I hope.

1-Covid-7-10.jpg.3b5ee031555de6e9d77bea53dfb346df.jpg

Ayhow here's that pic of the Timmy's sign I had hoped to upload last week. There is no new local news yet about a targeted opening date.

IMG_0397.thumb.JPG.99e4d4fb7574726488f3bdeb5b650cfc.JPG

They're just pouring foundations today, so no Timmy's Apple Fritter Tim Bits for a day or two yet. (When I spent a few weeks on PEI in 2010 I pretty much lived on Apple Fritter Tim Bits and mussels & oysters I picked on one of the beaches in Summerside.)

On 7/21/2021 at 6:01 AM, PISA-caching said:

Back to the topic: I would take photos of the construction site and keep them and post them together with photos of the Tim Horton's Restaurant on the day of the opening (or a few days earlier).

Indeed. Have pics of the construction site - now just need the building to magically appear, then invite me in for a feast of Timmy's coffee and a couple of big handfuls of Apple Fritter Tim Bits.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:30 PM, vulture1957 said:

I don't know that I've ever seen a Tim Hortons. Do all of them look similar? If they got the building outside done, maybe the signs up, everyone could see that it's a Tim Hortons (or will be as soon as it's finished).

Can't say that they all look similar, Lee. I guess, similar, to some extent, yes. There's quite a bit of variation, depending on their age. Right now I'm trying to think of ones we've seen which have gone into older buildings, which would make them look like almost anything, but, though I'm pretty sure we've seen instances of this, none come to mind right now. It's the old age, spotty memory thing kicking in, I suspect. 

I believe that some Timmy's will be found paired with a Wendy's. Lemme go check (old age, spotty memory thing again)... ...

... ... Yeah, hers's one, near where we once lived, in the Okanagan.

Edited by ScroogieII
On 7/29/2021 at 12:44 AM, ScroogieII said:

Indeed. Have pics of the construction site - now just need the building to magically appear, then invite me in for a feast of Timmy's coffee and a couple of big handfuls of Apple Fritter Tim Bits.

:D I guess it will take some more magic to make the first restaurant appear in Austria. As far as I can see the closest Tim Hortons restaurants are in the UK and Spain. 

8 hours ago, PISA-caching said:

Spain

SPAIN?!?! That comes as a bit of a surprise.

Spain was probably just used as a test country, sticking their toes in the waters, as it were, before Tim Hortons made an all out assault on each and every Austrian city, town and hamlet. :D

• Funny 1
On 7/19/2021 at 5:30 PM, vulture1957 said:

I don't know that Ive ever seen a Tim Hortons. Do all of them look similar? If they got the building outside done, maybe the signs up, everyone could see that it's a Tim Hortons (or will be as soon as it's finished).

Well, I held off until it was well and truly open.

To answer Lee's question, here's pix of the Newest Timmy's.