Come diventare reviewer

Duillo95

Out of curiosity, I looked at Italy's cache statistics and I see that (1) there are 32,526 active caches in total, and (2) there have been 1,167 new caches published in Italy during 2021.  (Recognizing that COVID-19 has impacted that last number.)  I compared these numbers to Pennsylvania, where I am one of the three Reviewers, and as of today in my home state (1) there are 39,760 active caches in total, and (2) there have been 1,837 new caches published so far in 2021.  I also looked at the queue of new caches pending review for all of Italy, and I saw just 14 pending submissions.  None of the pending caches have been awaiting review for more than six days.  Finally, I looked at your most recent cache submission.  (Thank you for hiding caches!)  I saw that your most recent cache was submitted for review on 11 July, received an initial review on 12 July, and was published today.

From these numbers I can conclude that the Italian Reviewers are not overwhelmed and are keeping up just fine with their workload - roughly three new caches for each Reviewer to look at each day, plus cache maintenance oversight of the existing caches.

There is no "job application" to become a Community Volunteer Reviewer.  Your record as a geocacher -- someone who hides good caches, maintains their existing caches, understands the Geocache Hiding Guidelines, attends and hosts events, etc. -- is really your "application."  If and when your regional Reviewer team sees a need to add a new Reviewer, they will think about geocachers with good records on those points, and nominate someone for consideration as a new Reviewer.  That name is then vetted by Geocaching HQ and by the worldwide Reviewer community.  We've welcomed ten new Reviewers so far in 2021!

• Helpful 3