Stats

I’m new to Waymarking but have been geocaching for years. I noticed that my stats aren’t accurate. I logged 25 Waymarks yesterday and 2 today. I checked my daily grid and it shows zero for today and only 11 of 25 for yesterday. J checked my logs. They’re definitely there as visited. Am I doing something wrong? Also I checked last night and it said I have 71 visits (88 unique) What does that mean?

• Funny 1
3 hours ago, julie609 said:

I’m new to Waymarking but have been geocaching for years. I noticed that my stats aren’t accurate. I logged 25 Waymarks yesterday and 2 today. I checked my daily grid and it shows zero for today and only 11 of 25 for yesterday. J checked my logs. They’re definitely there as visited. Am I doing something wrong? Also I checked last night and it said I have 71 visits (88 unique) What does that mean?

the 88 number (now 90) is the number of visits in the system. Six in NJ Hist Markers, 6 in Signs of History, 4 in Abstract Sculptures, 3 each in This Old Church, Car Part Sculptures and Dated Buildings.Cornerstones, 2 each in 14 categories and 1 each in another 37 categories. Add all that up and it is 90. 

I've tried to get the 71 visits, and can't figure out what that means. And no telling why it takes time for visits to show up. Wait until you start posting - that takes from minutes to months!

Lee in El Reno, OK

Well, some of the waymarks you visited show "never" as last visited date on the search page. This is a hint that you may have used the new waymarkly app for iOs. This app seems to do something with the database that is not consistent with what the web site does.

I got rid of my last iPhone six years ago, so I have no experience at all and am just telling you what I heard from iOs users, but your observations may be another side effect of the app.

Edited by fi67
typo
33 minutes ago, julie609 said:

Yes, I’ve been using the new app so I’m guessing this has something to do with it. It’s just frustrating because I’ve legitimately logged them 

Thanks for the info. Groundspeak is aware of the problem and will fix it as soon as possible.

• Funny 1
  • Helpful 1