Easy/Expert GPS Utah Geocaching Files?

bunkerdave

I am not sure how this would work, of even IF, but I am trying to get together a file of ALL the Utah geocaches. I couldn't fit them all in my GPS, but if anyone has some big ones they could send my way, I would like to try and get them all.

Otherwise, I will have to do it the LONG way, through EasyGPS for Groundspeak. There's a cure for insomnia...

bunkerdave

6327_1600.gif

Well, after I posted this topic last night, my curiosity got the best of me and I took a little time and did one myself. I actually did two, since I didn't have to get up this morning, and there was a cool show on PBS about one of my (dead) heroes, George Mallory. SO I stayed up and did one of the caches I have not yet found, and one of ALL the caches. I am not sure if these are e-mail-able, but if anyone wants to give it a try, I will be happy to go for it. The whole file is only 32K, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Let me know

bunkerdave

6327_1600.gif

I thought I had deleted this thread this morning. I posted a reply and then deleted it. Then for the next 2 hours this thread did not show up. Now it has reappeared. How strange!

Anyway, you can click on this link to get my file of Utah waypoints for use in Easy or Expert GPS.Cach-U-Nuts Utah Waypoint File

The waypoint names have been changed from GC1234 to an abbreviation of the cache name such as ZEUSRT for Zeus's Roost. This makes it easier to identify what cache you are approaching as you drive around.

Please note that some of the older caches that have been archived may still appear in this list. I have added new caches as they come up but have not been as diligent about deleting old ones that are no longer there.

There are more waypoints than can fit in most gps units. What I do is make a copy of the file and then delete the waypoints that are outside the area that I will be going into. Then I load the smaller file into my gps.

I will make this file available from my web site at www.cachunuts.com and will update it frequently.

Hope this file is useful to somebody. Have fun and keep on caching