Personal cache note - not saving as entered

Deepdiggingmole

Something I have noticed in the last couple of days is when I have entered some text into the 'Personal cache note' box on the website - where it used to save as it had been typed in i.e with spaces and paragraphing - now when a bunch of stuff is typed in is removes certain functions like 'enter for new line' and so everything is squeezed into one continuous sentence, no spacing or paragraphing 

So If I typed in (something we do with puzzles for example) 

B

C

D

E

F 

It saves as

ABCDEF 

This is a pain when you have typed out a whole buch of stuff which is in orderly sentences and paragraphs to then one whole long line of words and no seperation

Is this just me - has others found this ?

Tim

26 minutes ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

Is this just me - has others found this ?

Maybe it's just you?

I just tried to reproduce the bug. But everything worked as it should, using the latest FF and Chrome browsers on Win 10. Line breaks, and also spaces at the beginning of a line, were properly saved.

Just had another look - a cache page I am dealing with is in Portuguese ( I am from UK - looking at puzzles abroad at the moment)
So I have translate on 
I took translate off and all notes reverted to the form I typed them in (what I wanted) - turn translate on and all the notes go into the non-formatted form 

Having checked - on my home caches (no translation required - everything put in notes is fine (which is why we didn't notice any issue before) so it is a bug relating to the translator - when it is on it affects how notes appear 

How weird 

Edited by Deepdiggingmole
48 minutes ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

Just had another look - a cache page I am dealing with is in Portuguese ( I am from UK - looking at puzzles abroad at the moment)
So I have translate on 
I took translate off and all notes reverted to the form I typed them in (what I wanted) - turn translate on and all the notes go into the non-formatted form 

How weird 

We noticed that much is changed here in the forums as well.   You're right, weird...

Typing posts had some really odd results, but if you remember to turn translate off  before you post , everything will be fine.