Category needed for art depicting female superheroes/cartoon angle

I saw a fantastic mozaic/mural of female superheroes at Reykjavik airport. This really needs a waymark. I'm trying to find a useful category for it but can't. Inside Airports is just boring. Murals? Hmm.. I'm looking for something a bit more out of the box related to cartoons or female strength. Any ideas?

• Surprised 1

This is "Silver Sable", a fictional character from the Marvel Universe. The painting named "Silver-Sable-Saga" was done by Erró in 1999, the replica installed in 2017 (see here).

So the category "Famous Fictional Figures" would be right if they accepted 2D art. Unfortunatly they insist on sculptures (Quote from the category listing: Must be a 3-dimensional (paintings do not qualify) ).

I also doubt that the Mosaics category managers would accept the painted/printed tiles. Best bet for acceptance would be in my eyes the "Murals" category, but you could also try the "Official Local Tourism Attractions" category if you find it listed on one of the tourism pages for Iceland or Reykjavik (didn't search for).

• Helpful 2
On 7/6/2021 at 12:49 PM, terratin said:

Thanks a lot guys. Yes, it's Silver Sable, and it's fantastic to see. I think I'll use Murals for it. Hmm.. it's interesting that there are neither cartoon, nor feminism categories. And no, I don't have time to do this.. maybe.

Well, in a perfect world the waymarks wouldn't have just one category, but one waymark could be in several ones. As it is now, some sites have a separate waymark in a dozen or more categories. And each new category overlapping with others makes it more difficult.

If you search for waymarks including the word "comics", you will get all the Comic Book Shops, but also Neon signs, Festivals, Pikachu sightings, Zippy the Pinhead Locations and so on. So a new "Comics" category would allow a copy of many waymarks in those categories.

As far as feminism: You might want to read Women's waymarks - Recruiting and Category Proposals - Geocaching Forums from 3 years ago.