How to remove all the logs on my TB.

CokeCachers

I have a Travel Bug decal on my vehicle and I sold it and now I have put the Same trackable # decal on a new vehicle. I have edited the info for it and would like to remove all the old logs to start new on the new Vehicle.

How do I get all the logs removed? 
TB2T6DY

• Surprised 2
22 minutes ago, CokeCachers said:

I have a Travel Bug decal on my vehicle and I sold it and now I have put the Same trackable # decal on a new vehicle. I have edited the info for it and would like to remove all the old logs to start new on the new Vehicle.

TB2T6DY

Why?? You'll be deleting all the logs of everybody who discovered that TB. Why not just use a new TB? You can get a new number for like $3.

Edited by Max and 99
  • Upvote 2
  • Helpful 3
1 hour ago, CokeCachers said:

I have a Travel Bug decal on my vehicle and I sold it and now I have put the Same trackable # decal on a new vehicle.

I have edited the info for it and would like to remove all the old logs to start new on the new Vehicle.
TB2T6DY

It looks like most are your own "Visit" (Took it to) logs.   You simply go to each log, click "visit log", and click the garbage can.   

I'm not aware of any "mass delete" if that's what you're looking for.  Maybe on project-gc, or gsak...

Curious why the need to delete the Discover logs happily placed by others.  Thanks.  :)

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, CokeCachers said:

TB2T6DY

You could delete them one at a time, or, as mentioned, use software to automate this. Beware that deleting TB logs creates new issues with existing "Actions" that cannot be undone, and the Actions will remain.  This can get very confusing.  It's better to make a new log of some sort about how all future logs apply to the new car, or to not allow logs in the first place, than to expect to delete them all later.  But the idea comes up at times.

I used a new Tracking Code for my new car.  I intend to re-use the code from my sold car someday, but I can't imagine deleting the logs, memories, photos, and places.  YMMV.  :cute:

• Upvote 2
  • Helpful 2