http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

Hadn't visited the site in a long while.  On a recent attempt, I noted

"Sorry, due to server problems only country maps are currently available. You may need to refresh the browser cache first (CTRL-F5)."

Does anyone know how long this has been going on, and any ideas on when the problem might be resolved.  I was looking for a very small couple of map tiles in different locations, and can't handle several entire countries.

On 7/4/2021 at 5:57 PM, ecanderson said:

Hadn't visited the site in a long while.  On a recent attempt, I noted

"Sorry, due to server problems only country maps are currently available. You may need to refresh the browser cache first (CTRL-F5)."

Does anyone know how long this has been going on, and any ideas on when the problem might be resolved.  I was looking for a very small couple of map tiles in different locations, and can't handle several entire countries.

Year, I'm missing this website too. Given the history I think it's unlikely that the problem will be resolved.

So far I'm happy with https://extract.bbbike.org where you also can request specific areas and additionally different layouts are selectable.

Yeah, bbbike.org is great because you have several different visual styles to choose from. There are some downsides including a limit on map size (by Mb, not area) and remembering which encoding works, but otherwise it's great for making custom maps of a chosen area.

I've also discovered that opentopomap.org has garmin downloads available worldwide, and these come with detailed DEM shading and an optional nicely detailed contours overlay.

Desperate!  2.5 month driving USA road trip this week and I can’t get free state maps for harming Oregon on OSM or gpsfiledepot anymore!  Tragic! Need trail and street.

Also New Zealand in a few mos. what’s with the sites being sticky?  Even geocaching.com fox downloads are sticky. It keeps throwing me out of my search and I have to keep starting over. None of this is ever happened before. 
Help?

5 hours ago, Atlas Cached said:

Multiple viable options are listed at GPSrChive > Oregon7x0 > Maps.

2 hours ago, RangerRicksClan said:

ouch, Atlas Cached.

I took a look. A USA tour (meaning all the maps together would really cost a pretty penny).

Missing the free options.

Huh.

I have no idea where you ended up, but had you actually opened the link I shared and then selected the Maps page, this is what you would have seen, which includes about 75% FREE MAPS - something you indicate you couldn't find...

556702632_Gr7x0Maps.thumb.png.9a7ccf8d24cd42ec77a9ff2129bccf81.png