Edit Public Profie

Grandmagogo

I am looking for help to edit my public profile. It seems like this should be an easy fix but I haven't been able to figure it out. One of the options on mine is View Forum posts. I have never seen that on anyone else's profile. I have also seen send email or send message option on other profiles. How do I put that on mine? Thanks for any help.

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 4.06.38 PM.png

8 minutes ago, Grandmagogo said:

I have also seen send email or send message option on other profiles.

This option does not appear on your own profile (no need to e-mail yourself!) when you look at it. I can see it on your profile:

Capture.PNG

Edited by Hügh
  • Helpful 1
13 minutes ago, Grandmagogo said:

I have also seen send email or send message option on other profiles. How do I put that on mine?

Everyone else sees those on your profile, but you don't because it doesn't make sense to send a message or email to yourself.

image.png.4abee1e7aa107cdcc462d29a7f370cd2.png

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Helpful 1

For many years I've had a map of the states and countries of which we've found geocaches. On our public profile, the countries map has disappeared, and I can't figure out how to edit the United States map. Can anyone help with this? Perhaps I need to get a new kind of map so that I can post which states and countries we have found caches. Thanks for your help. 

3 hours ago, TheRhythmClan said:

For many years I've had a map of the states and countries of which we've found geocaches. On our public profile, the countries map has disappeared, and I can't figure out how to edit the United States map. Can anyone help with this? Perhaps I need to get a new kind of map so that I can post which states and countries we have found caches. Thanks for your help. 

The maps are still there - on your public profile, go to the Statistics page, and then the Maps tab.  There is a world map with highlighting for the countries you have cached in, and then I have a US map showing which states I have found caches in.  Beside the map is a table with #'s for each country and then each state.  Are you not seeing that on your profile or others?  I can see maps on your profile?

You can probably do a more customized map with Project-gc or GSAK macros, but I haven't played with those options.

• Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
4 hours ago, TheRhythmClan said:

Are you talking about the GSAK, or other third-party maps ?  We lost ours an "update" or two ago. See if anyone on the GSAK site can fix it I guess...

Thanks CAVino Gal for reminding me about the maps under statistics. I forgot about those. The map, however, I was trying to update is on my profile page, but now that I know about the statistics map, I'm less concerned about the map on my profile page.  Also thanks to cerberus1 for the input. Is the map on my profile page a GSAK? What is GSAK?  Thanks for your help. 

• Surprised 1
15 hours ago, TheRhythmClan said:

The map, however, I was trying to update is on my profile page,... Is the map on my profile page a GSAK? What is GSAK?  Thanks for your help. 

The map on your initial profile page is one that you added to your profile, somehow.  It is a google map, or at least references the Google Maps API in the URL for the image.  It was manually added to your profile at some point.  I have project-gc stats on the front page of my public profile, for example.  Others have other information, but it is all information that you add yourself by editing your profile page.

image.png.9d8238778ff066823d48158b267d0ec1.png