Image in Geocache title?

Geoboater

I tried copying from word and pasting it into the title but that didn't work. I also made a .gif but that didn't work either. How do you make the image, and how is it inserted into the title? 

An example similar to what I want to accomplish is GC8ZQBX:  GADGET CACHES BY JCACHE™👑💯 Counter⚖Weight={PULL}

Thinking he could help, I tried contacting the owner of this cache but have received no response.  Anybody else know how to do this?

12 minutes ago, Geoboater said:

I tried copying from word and pasting it into the title but that didn't work. I also made a .gif but that didn't work either. How do you make the image, and how is it inserted into the title? 

An example similar to what I want to accomplish is GC8ZQBX:  GADGET CACHES BY JCACHE™👑💯 Counter⚖Weight={PULL}

Thinking he could help, I tried contacting the owner of this cache but have received no response.  Anybody else know how to do this?

They're using Unicode characters. (Not all devices will support unusual characters though.)

For example, here's the "Hundred Points Symbol Emoji" character that appears in your example:

https://unicode-table.com/en/1F4AF/

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info and feedback.  Since it was mentioned there may be some GPSr's that are unable to read these characters, I guess I'll come up with another title.  But man, it was going to be perfect! :( It displays correctly on my iPhone, Dell laptop and Android tablet.  After checking my GPSr's I discovered my old unit (Garmin GPSMAP 76CSX) strips the images out of the title and displays only the ASCII characters; other than that, the data is correct.  My new GPSr (Garmin GPSMAP 66i) I haven't yet figured out how to download geocaches after trying several times to follow the manufacturer's instructions :huh: so I don't know what it will do.

Did you ever figure this out?  I made the mistake of buying one and am having all kinds of issues.  I tried doing a PQ and uploaded it to the Garmin GPX folder like I used to with my Colorado which I can't update or put European map.   Only 1 cache out of 58 shows up,  I had even worse issues with geocaching live.

On 6/27/2021 at 8:21 PM, Geoboater said:

Thanks for the info and feedback.  Since it was mentioned there may be some GPSr's that are unable to read these characters, I guess I'll come up with another title.  But man, it was going to be perfect! :( It displays correctly on my iPhone, Dell laptop and Android tablet.  After checking my GPSr's I discovered my old unit (Garmin GPSMAP 76CSX) strips the images out of the title and displays only the ASCII characters; other than that, the data is correct.  My new GPSr (Garmin GPSMAP 66i) I haven't yet figured out how to download geocaches after trying several times to follow the manufacturer's instructions :huh: so I don't know what it will do.