Need some good old CA help!

Crusso

Help.. Trying to locate the exact coords for a very prominent Hollywood used landmark...

"Vasquez Rocks".

This is the site of the rock formation used many times in just about every Sci-Fi Tv show/movie from Star Trek to Roswell, etc. I believe it's located in Bronson canyon & I also understand that the location used for the scene where the Batmobile roars out of the Batcave in the old Batman TV series is in the same area. I recently saw a truck commercial filmed in front of the rocks so I guess the area is still accessible.

Ok, so I'm a trekkie & would like to visit the area on a future trip. Help would be appreciated!

Here's a link to the formation's photos:

http://msslin.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/usa/vasquez_rocks.html

Actually would like the coords for the formation shown in the 4th & 5th photos. Thanks!

icon_razz.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Crusso:

I also understand that the location used for the scene where the Batmobile roars out of the Batcave in the old Batman TV series is in the same area.

Actually, the Bat Cave is right next to this cache. Check it out on a map compared to the three above. They are not even close to each other. The Bat Cave is basically right in Hollywood tucked back in the hills, and Agua Dulce (Vasquez Rocks) is a good hour drive north, or more with traffic.

stealyourcache.jpg

Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills

One man gathers what another man spills - St. Stephen (on caching)

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru