Listing a geocachers find

gmarkusic

Let me start by saying sorry if this is not in the right group, if it needs to be in another group let me know.

Question:  When I go caching with a group of friends most of us log as we go, some however do not.  Those that do not log as we go, would when they return home go an view the caches found by someone in their group.  then from the view download those into a GPX file and turn around an log them there.  We could do that in the old view of a users found caches, by sorting by find date of that cachers, download the caches in groups of 20 into a GPX file then, then using some method log those caches for themselves.

In the old view is was easy to do this when looking at a fellow geocachers finds, the list used to display in groups of 20 and you could page through that list 20 at a time.   If you wanted the whole page you could select all of them or if you only wanted a few you would check them off individually.  

With the update to the web page when viewing the list of geocaches it is just a continuous list of the caches that were found by a user.   It appears that the only way to get a GPX is to continue scrolling down the list until you have all the caches listed then add the caches to a list With no option to create a GPX file.  The only option is to send it to "My List" which I then can create a GPX file.  

I was wondering if there was any way to view a persons finds using the old list view and opt out of the new view?  

Also if anyone has any better suggestions as to how they ensure that their group has logged all their finds, please let me know. 

Thanks!

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, HHL said:

Use this for Locationless Reverse caches:

https://www.geocaching.com/play/search?ot=4&types=12&f=1&fb=HHL&utr=false  

Types: Multi=3, Tradi=2, Letterbox=5 ...

Open the Geocaches tab in the user's profile and hover the cache types to see more type numbers. ;)

Replace HHL with the desired user name.

OP is a Premium Member so this link probably works but just for information as a Basic Member this link is not working. (only showing own caches in the new search layout).

The easiest to use link for Basic Members who want to see found caches of others is this one:

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx

Unfortunately when restricting the search to certain cache types only the first page of the results is following this restriction.......

Edited by Hynz