Offline Lists on Garmn 66i

CimarronDave

I have tried several searches and cannot find a clear answer. I am new to geocaching, as well as a new 66i owner. I am trying to figure out how to put my geocache lists (they are broken up by area) onto the 66i so that they are there for use offline (when not connected to internet (wifi or bluetooth) via a smart device. If I output each list to a gpx file, where do I put it on the 66i (I have an SD card installed)? How do I call the list up on the 66i?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s the Garmin info page:

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/gpsmap66i/EN-US/GUID-D598D600-8250-49A7-84CA-E3E9B81726BA.html

GPX files are placed into [Drive:]/Garmin/GPX

on either internal memory or SD card (in which case you’d first create the folder).  You can place files just like you might with any USB drive.  Place Lists, unzipped Pocket Queries, or individual cache GPX files.  If you have Garmin Express setup on your PC, you can use the “Send To Garmin” button on the web site to send Lists to internal memory.

If your 66i is connected to your phone or to a WiFi hotspot, you can use the device’s feature “Geocaching Live” to load Lists (for example) directly.  
I haven’t tried to keep Lists separate on my Garmin, so I’m not sure what would be the best way to do that (if that’s your plan).  But you can “remove caches” of any List loaded via “Geocaching Live”, to then load a different List.

Edited by kunarion