The Chron article

marwagsalot

Odd, it says at three places xx instead of a real number. Is this article only half finished?

Even more enthusiastic is Mark Yvanovich, 46, of San Jose, a former volkswalker who geocaches with his wife Joani, 44, and has found xx caches -- recorded as a Bay Area high -- since courting the game last summer. The couple keeps two giant tubs in the back of their SUV: one filled with Tupperware containers of all sizes, the other filled with bric-a-brac. If they spot a good hiding place, they are well-equipped.

Hmm, I think I know these folks from the forum.

Nice article, is this a blessing, will it attract more decent folks or put our caches at risk of being found by ignorant folks?

... where is it?

Cool! Fy and I are leading double lives! Wow! Somebody’s gotta clue me in on where my 2nd life is - I must have lost it somewhere, ’cuz I don’t know about it! icon_wink.gif

Actually, this is as positive an article on Geocaching that I’ve read. Good work to all who contributed!

quote:
Originally posted by TeamJiffy:

Cool! Fy and I are leading double lives! Wow! Somebody’s gotta clue me in on where my 2nd life is - I must have lost it somewhere, ’cuz I don&rsqou;t know about it! [icon_wink.gif]

Actually, this is as positive an article on Geocaching that I’ve read. Good work to all who contributed!

Yeah, I felt as if I was part of a conspiracy, having communicated with you twice recently. I am still struggling with both of riddles.... Maybe later I will get these longitudes sorted out and the objects associated to the names... ;-)

... where is it?

quote:
Originally posted by nostrada:

Odd, it says at three places xx instead of a real number. Is this article only half finished?

Hmmm... looks like you were looking at a pre-edited version. I never saw that text that you quoted.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by forman:

He put Joani's age. That is a no-no.

Well I liked the write up icon_smile.gif

I already knew her age, and she doesn't care who else knows. icon_wink.gif Speaking of ages and milestone events, anybody interested in a geocaching/birthday event on the 22nd? I don't think Joani would mind if we had a few geocachers show up for her birthday party. Since it's on a Tuesday, it would have to be a Pizza type deal, or maybe an evening BBQ somewhere. What do ya think?

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

quote:
Originally posted by nostrada:

Hmmm... looks like you were looking at a pre-edited version. I never saw that text that you quoted.

--Marky

Odd, it must have been a pre-version then, since I clearly saw several XX placed where the numbers were supposed to be. It was early in the morning.

... where is it?

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

quote:
Originally posted by forman:

He put Joani's age. That is a no-no.

Well I liked the write up icon_smile.gif

I already knew her age, and she doesn't care who else knows. icon_wink.gif Speaking of ages and milestone events, anybody interested in a geocaching/birthday event on the 22nd? I don't think Joani would mind if we had a few geocachers show up for her birthday party. Since it's on a Tuesday, it would have to be a Pizza type deal, or maybe an evening BBQ somewhere. What do ya think?

--Marky

I would love to. I can bring a vegetarian Pizza.

... where is it?

quote:
Speaking of ages and milestone events, anybody interested in a geocaching/birthday event on the 22nd? I don't think Joani would mind if we had a few geocachers show up for her birthday party. Since it's on a Tuesday, it would have to be a Pizza type deal, or maybe an evening BBQ somewhere. What do ya think?

Count me in! icon_biggrin.gif

Happy Halloween