How to become an Authorized Developer?

15 hours ago, Les Pommes Rebelles said:

I have used, many times since 3 years the following link ...
But no return.
What's wrong ?

The form says partnerships are limited. 

It also gives examples of application requests that are not likely to be considered, and it does say, "We will reach out to you directly for more information if we feel your application or service fills a compelling need within the Geocaching API program."

- So if you've filled the form many times over a period of three years, isn't it possible that your application simply isn't needed at this time ?

"We will reach out... if..." pretty-much covers the answer you might be waiting for...

3 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

The form says partnerships are limited. 

It also gives examples of application requests that are not likely to be considered, and it does say, "We will reach out to you directly for more information if we feel your application or service fills a compelling need within the Geocaching API program."

- So if you've filled the form many times over a period of three years, isn't it possible that your application simply isn't needed at this time ?

"We will reach out... if..." pretty-much covers the answer you might be waiting for...

You may be right... But as arisoft wrote :"it would be nice to get an answer. " ^_^

• Helpful 1

I have filled out the form two years ago. Since I didn't hear anything back, I asked via email and I got a very polite answer that my request is on the waiting list. After a long time on the waiting list, I sent another inquiry as a reply to the email I received previously, that was in August 2020 I received an answer shortly thereafter:

While we still have your submission on our wait list, please note that we only add a few new partners each year based off hundreds of requests.

As mentioned, we'll reach out to you directly if we're interested in moving forward with a partnership.

It is absolutely clear to me what the second sentence really means. What is not clear to me is that Groundspeak has never asked me what kind of application I'd be going to develop. Without inquiring this, how could they figure out whether they're interested or not?

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1

Not sure what the form looked like 2 years ago but looking at the current form it does ask for a name of the application, platform and a description. So that is my guess what they are using to base that decision on. Granted not sure if they asked that question via their form 2 years ago.