Strange ID prefix

Prospector666

I was verifying the no activations on a few Gregson Vaux pieces and have done a lot but came across one with the prefix DM instead of GV and the code was not found. It has name,year, www.geocache.com then the unusual activation. Part of the 'Luna' collection. I tried variations like replace DM with GV.

Is that unusual and just dump it? 

19 hours ago, Prospector666 said:

I was verifying the no activations on a few Gregson Vaux pieces and have done a lot but came across one with the prefix DM instead of GV and the code was not found. It has name,year, www.geocache.com then the unusual activation. Part of the 'Luna' collection. I tried variations like replace DM with GV.

Is that unusual and just dump it? 

It could be an issue in the rest of the code.  Letters or numbers that are mistaken for each other.  Remember that if a code gives an error, you must return to the code search page to try again.

If nothing seems to work, HQ may assist.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1

Some of his Luna geocoin tracking codes do indeed start with DM and others with a GV. I have not, however, encountered any that do not work. I would double-check the spelling on the rest of the code but I suppose it's possible that there was a mistake at the factory and an incorrect code was engraved.

• Upvote 1