Question about a particular cache...

... from long ago.   I've been out of Geocaching a long time and I'm trying to find a certain cache I remember reading about.   I don't remember exactly where it was or the name of it or other details.

What I do remember it was a famous cache it had an article written about it and at that point (which may have been around 2010) it had never been found.  It was located in at a picnic table pavilion in a park or something like that.   It was apparently a really unique hide and many people came to search for it and no one could find it and many suggested it wasn't there but CO would always check on it and confirm it indeed was still there.   It may have been somewhere in the Kentucky/Tennessee/Ohio/West Virginia area but I'm not 100% sure. 

Does this ring a bell for anybody?   I'd like to find the cache page and see if it's still unfound or if it's been found and active or is it long gone? 

But I'm having a heck of a time finding it when I can't remember the name or the location. 

Thanks

Well my memory was jogged by a comment in a log of one of IMM's Shelter series caches .... the cache I was thinking of was "Gimme Shelter Too" by the late TVNewsBiz.  As soon as I saw the cache name I remembered it, unfortunately I guess we don't remember things always exactly the way they are as it didn't seem to be all that I remembered it as far as being never found, and it has been long archived.   It appears that his caches were inspired by IMM so we were on the right track though. 

But another of TVNewsBiz's caches caught my eye though, a puzzle cache named "Royale With Cheese".

It is active but it appears the puzzle was never solved and the last note was in 2016.  It was found once in 2011 but not by solving the puzzle but other clues.... and logged as a find only dubiously once in 2013.   I guess the puzzle solution and any hints was taken to the grave by the CO.  I hope to crack the code of this puzzle and find this one next month (although I doubt I will)... when I plan to be in Indiana on business and will look up some of IMM's caches and two that I need for Jasmer progress.

On 7/5/2021 at 7:13 AM, coachstahly said:

Here's hoping you have better luck with IMM's caches (particularly puzzles) than I have.  Which two Jasmer caches do you need?  I'm assuming one is Turkey Run Stash.

Yep Turkey Run Stash  and another one Fowler Park Wilderness Stash and I guess either one would get me November 2000. But my trip was canceled so maybe someday I'll give them a try...

But speaking of impossible caches like IMM's caches I came across one 50 miles or so from me in Aiken SC that's never been found (hidden last summer)... so it's on my immediate To Do list now: http://coord.info/GC8RK7T

Lol why am I drawn to these when I DNF on simple ones all the time? 

Edited by TopShelfRob
misspelling