Cache Owner Dashboard shows a version for mobile devices on laptop

2Abendsegler

Good morning Seattle,

as you can see in the picture, a mobile version of the cache owner dashboard appears to be displayed on my screen. It is a laptop and the width of my screen is shown here with 1260 pixels, the part of the "div.mobile-log-wrapper" alone has a width of more than 929 pixels.

To see the normal version of the page, I have to reduce the browser zoom to 90%. That's annoying. And that's certainly not how it is intended, I hope.

Is it possible that you reduce the screen width a little for displaying the page in this mobile device version?

The minimum width seems to be too high because I always have a vertical slider in the browser. Maybe it is enough to reduce the minimum width?  

Many thanks in advance

2Abendsegler

PS: Or do i have to buy a new, wider device. 🤭

179203113_OwnerDashboardlooksmobile.thumb.jpg.d55ac12a3b144643595ceb6453e49f45.jpg

• Upvote 1

I am not able to repro this on a 24" screen with a 1080p resolution. I get the web version as default without any need for zooming in or out as exepected.

If I emulate a smaller screen etc that triggers the media query, I see the mobile interface as expected.

Would be good to know what screen size and resolution you see this on as that and increase font size settings set in your browser or OS may have an impact, too.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, 2Abendsegler said:

It is a laptop and the width of my screen is shown here with 1260 pixels, the part of the "div.mobile-log-wrapper" alone has a width of more than 929 pixels.

2 hours ago, Bl4ckH4wkGER said:

Would be good to know what screen size and resolution you see this on as that and increase font size settings set in your browser or OS may have an impact, too.

The screen size appears to be 1260 pixels. That it can not be reproduced on 1080p (1920 pixels wide?) is no mystery. I have a 1600 pixel screen, I see the desktop version. If I on the other hand have the DevTools panel on the right edge of the screen instead of at the bottom, I get the mobile version. Then I also have the almost-full scrollbar at the bottom.

I guess the question is, how wide a screen do you need to get the desktop interface?

• Upvote 1

Through some experimenting I found that the mobile interface is chosen as soon as the activity section is 948 pixels wide or less. The annoying scrollbar appears already at 965. I get 966 pixels with my 1600 pixel screen! So the answer to the question is that you need at least 1600 pixels. You have to buy a wider device.

• Love 1

Many thanks for the many detailed answers and your work.

My windows setting:

• Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080 (recommended)
  • Size of text, apps, and other elements: 150% (recommended)

That should mean I have 1920/1.5 x 1080/1.5 = 1280 x 720 pixels, I hope.

From my point of view, this seems to be a standard (recommended).

For the activity section the scrollbar appears at ~966 pixel.
The mobile interface is chosen at ~947 pixel.
(I tested this with 90% zoom and the DevTools panel on the right side of the screen (great idea, ChriBli), but that shouldn't change the values.)
So i can confirm the values of ChriBli.

The wide of the hole screen (body) is 1262 pixel. With the vertical scroll bar this should be the 1280 pixels.   

The screen size is completely sufficient for me, i also develop on this screen. And you won't find such a state anywhere else on the numerous geocaching pages, only in the cache owner dashboard.

Do I have to buy a wider device, like ChriBli means? 😂