Content Exchanges

Guest bunkerdave

Guest bunkerdave

Just received an E-mail from a fellow cacher who visted a few caches recently. He informs me that a particular cache, which started out with a theme, "has dissolved into a bunch of used golf balls and other worthless trash." The cache to which he refers was the third one I ever visited, and at that time, I recall that it was STUFFED with memorabilia and trinkets reflective of its theme. How unfortunate that a trip into history has degenerated, through selfishness and ignorance, into a trip to the junkyard. (No offense, JD icon_wink.gif )

This is yet another thing with trading items: When a cacher goes to the trouble to think of a good theme, particularly one that fits the location of the cache, and then gathers numerous items that are appropriate to that theme, it seems to be only fair to take the time and the thought to bring an item that fits the theme.

My friend states: "when you read the logs, you realize that some of the people either

have a perverted sense of value or a stunted sense of fair play."

I couldn't have said it better myself.