Events near you

The Snowdog

You mean like this?

https://www.geocaching.com/play/search?lat=35.53488&lng=-97.67418&origin=GC69NZX&radius=50mi&types=6,13,453,1304,3653,3774,4738,7005&pe=1&utr=false

You may extend the search radius, depending on how near is near. Make a suitable Event search and save it as a browser favorite.  I usually just get a list of search results, then sort by "placed by" date in reverse order.  The Events are then on the first page.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Frau Potter said:

The new dashboard has an Events widget on the upper right side. You can set the default up to 100 miles away and also see a list of the Events, by following the "Search events" link at the bottom of the Events widget.

That one is a little strange.  It's only showing Events in June (and maybe July, but just blank).  Click Search, get June again.  "Search With Filters" without any changes, and now you get Events out to... the end of the year, or whatever the cutoff is.  Guess I need to try some settings.

I'm not switching to the New Desktop until I get switched.  It's fancy, but I keep going back.

• Upvote 1
  • Helpful 1
1 hour ago, Frau Potter said:

The new dashboard has an Events widget on the upper right side. You can set the default up to 100 miles away and also see a list of the Events, by following the "Search events" link at the bottom of the Events widget.

100 miles is not enough; too bad you can't increase that. That's why I liked the "old" search; you could get into the URL and up the distance to 200 miles (or whatever), which gives me Wichita and the DFW area (from OKC).

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, The Snowdog said:

100 miles is not enough; too bad you can't increase that. That's why I liked the "old" search; you could get into the URL and up the distance to 200 miles (or whatever), which gives me Wichita and the DFW area (from OKC).

In metric it's even worse we only have 100 km (about 60 miles)...

Don't know why the max limit is so low. I don't mind go some extra km for some events.

2 hours ago, The Snowdog said:

The old way covered a vast area (a whole state or whatever?).  At least the one linked in the Forum did.  

But just how far away are these Events near you? B)