Trackable marked missing but no reply from owner

simonbw

A while ago I found a trackable in a cache that was not registered in that cache. After looking at the code, I see it was marked missing a few months before just a few km away. I log the trackable as grabbed and take it with me.  I message the owner but without any reply. As it is marked missing I can´t drop it in another cache.

Can I do anything else if the owner doesn´t respond?

7 hours ago, simonbw said:

A while ago I found a trackable in a cache that was not registered in that cache.

After looking at the code, I see it was marked missing a few months before just a few km away. I log the trackable as grabbed and take it with me.  I message the owner but without any reply. As it is marked missing I can´t drop it in another cache.

You Grabbed TB14JY1 October of last year from "Unknown Location" as it was marked missing.  It is marked as "Not Collectible".

You were visiting it up until January of this year.  It shows as still being in your hands.

If you Grabbed  the trackable, it should be in your inventory, and can be logged Drop into any cache.  

Edited by cerberus1
I had a "duh..." moment... :D
5 hours ago, simonbw said:

A while ago I found a trackable in a cache that was not registered in that cache. After looking at the code, I see it was marked missing a few months before just a few km away. I log the trackable as grabbed and take it with me.  I message the owner but without any reply. As it is marked missing I can´t drop it in another cache.

As mentioned, you may drop it into a cache.  Place it, then make some kind of cache log.  At the bottom of that log you see all the TBs in your Inventory.  Select “Drop” on that TB, then submit the log.

• Upvote 1