Adding a second email

StonerGma

I am trying to add my husbands email to my account so he can get notifications as well. When I click on add another email and type in my password, it says my password is wrong. So I log out and then log back in just fine. Does anyone know why it gives you the option to add another email on my account but keeps saying the password is wrong?

Our engineers are working on a known issue in which attempting to add an email address that is already in use to an account causes the wrong error message. Is your husband's email by chance already assigned to another account?

Even if it is not, notifications can only go to the main email address associated with a given account. If you want notifications to go to multiple addresses, you will need to set up some auto-forwarding rules in your email client.

• Helpful 1

I just tried to help someone who no longer has access to the original email address and was unable to add a second email address as well.
We keep getting a error that the password is wrong even after successfully logging in with said password.

We tried on Firefox 89.0 and Edge 91.0.864.41

Edited by ardila.nl
versions