Does anyone know how I can get bulk nano containers for cheap?

BunHeads

1 hour ago, BunHeads said:

So I want to get bulk nano containers so I can put them in things I sell

But I don't know what to look for like what are they used for in real life?

The early blinkers were called blinkers (or blinkies) because they were made from blinking LED jewelry. Paint over the LED(s), remove the watch battery, replace the watch battery with a small scroll of paper, and you've got one of these early nano-caches.

The modern ones are designed specifically as nano-cache containers.

I've also seen nano-caches that used pet ID capsules, which are designed to hold a scroll of paper with the pet owner's contact info, and to be attached to the pet's collar.

On 5/31/2021 at 8:56 PM, BunHeads said:

So I want to get bulk nano containers so I can put them in things I sell

But I don't know what to look for like what are they used for in real life?

Thanks.

You weren't specific, so I thought I'd mention that tiny centrifuge vials are pretty cheap by the thousand.  I bought a couple thousand a few years ago.  I had grand plans for them.  Grand plans, I tell you.  None of the plans involved making caches out of them.  OK, I did think of gluing a plastic bug to the cap and selling them for a dollar each at some Mega Event.  I still think of that.  I won't do that...  or will I?

Anyway, those were a common type of nano cache type.  I haven't seen them much, nor even the metal blinkies (nor the ziplock bags wrapped in duct tape).  I'm sure they're still out there.  This kind of thing requires an attentive CO, doing maintenance that typically involves changing the container.  Even the metal blinkie nanos, they immediately lose the O-ring, and the log becomes mush from a single drop of water.  And then they corrode.  With the vials, if I have a desperate need for that size container, and the perfect spot for it, it's possible with a thousand replacements and a serious maintenance plan.  But nobody ever replaces them.  I won't make a cache like that...

vial.jpg

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1