Activity and Leaderboard - Do I have to do anything?

I posted my first AL and the FTF was posted on my Activity page yesterday. With our regular geocaches, I like to call out and congratulate the FTF team on the description page. Is that the done thing with ALs? Is there somewhere I should be posting FTF besides in my introductory page? And finally, where is this Leaderboard of which you speak?

Thanks

Edited by FairmountWaterWorks

Now I see the Leaderboard on the AL home page. Screenshot attached (for the benefit of other newbies).

Surprised to see that I'm the FTF on the four locations I tested. Wouldn't it make more sense to have only the first Public completions listed on the Leaderboard? After all, I already knew where they were.    At least I left one unfinished for someone to get one FTF.

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 10.44.59 PM.png

• Funny 1
21 minutes ago, FairmountWaterWorks said:

Surprised to see that I'm the FTF on the four locations I tested.

Did you set your AL to Test mode when you did your testing? From your other posts today it sounds like you didn't (perhaps you set it to Private), as not only does Test mode not record you as a finder, it also turns off geofencing so you can test it at home.

• Helpful 1
1 hour ago, FairmountWaterWorks said:

Now I see the Leaderboard on the AL home page. Screenshot attached (for the benefit of other newbies).

Surprised to see that I'm the FTF on the four locations I tested. Wouldn't it make more sense to have only the first Public completions listed on the Leaderboard? After all, I already knew where they were.    At least I left one unfinished for someone to get one FTF.

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 10.44.59 PM.png

I'm not listed anywhere on my leaderboard because I tested it on test mode. 

29 minutes ago, FairmountWaterWorks said:

Yes, I selected Private. I wanted to be on site and play the game the way anybody else would, can you do that in Test Mode? At the time I did not notice where to select Test Mode. I see it now. Thanks!

Yes! Well except for geofencing. 😁

Edited by Max and 99
On 6/1/2021 at 1:21 PM, FairmountWaterWorks said:

Yes, I selected Private. I wanted to be on site and play the game the way anybody else would, can you do that in Test Mode? At the time I did not notice where to select Test Mode. I see it now. Thanks!

It's really no big deal that you're listed on the leaderboard. You're the only one who's going to see it anyways. But now you know that testing it in test mode will keep you off the leaderboard. 

• Helpful 1