Enter coordinates in the App to find caches?

oberscouter

3 minutes ago, oberscouter said:

I am starting to have fun with puzzle caches, but when I solve them, where can I enter the coordinates to locate the cache?  In the App, not the website

Scroll down to waypoints. You can edit the posted coordinates or click the plus sign and add your own waypoint.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, oberscouter said:

Thanks very much! Does the check mark allow me to check my solution?

No, that just tells the app they are “solved” coordinates, and the cache will show up with a special icon indicating that on your geomap. 
As far as I know, the only way to use the solution checker right now is to access the web page. 

I am not sure about this, but can't you once figuring out the  coordinates enter them in the section "personal note" (or whatever the name is) and they will only show up on your website page , and I think they can be read as notes on the app. 

Just curious.Why not use the coordinate checker which when solved correctly enters the proper coordinates on your website page only and also in the app? Maybe you use Apps and such other than I do. I use the website to get info and directions and use the map; then use the iPhone app predominately to locate caches, usually because I left the Garmin unit at home or forget to download the cache BEFORE going for the cache.

Edited by Jayeffel
speaking and better words
  • Surprised 1
8 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

I am not sure about this, but can't you once figuring out the  coordinates enter them in the section "personal note" (or whatever the name is) and they will only show up on your website page , and I think they can be read as notes on the app. 

Sure but you can't navigate to a note, only to waypoints. 

2 hours ago, Jayeffel said:

FWIW, there was an app (Neongeo) that would get corrected coordinates from the Personal Cache Note, and use those corrected coordinates rather than the posted coordinates. This was extremely useful during the period of time after the development of Personal Cache Notes, but before the development of corrected coordinates.

As soon as Groundspeak supported coordinates, Neongeo started using them too, and no one needed to use the Personal Cache Note for this purpose any longer.

3 hours ago, niraD said:

FWIW, there was an app (Neongeo) that would get corrected coordinates from the Personal Cache Note, and use those corrected coordinates rather than the posted coordinates. This was extremely useful during the period of time after the development of Personal Cache Notes, but before the development of corrected coordinates.

As soon as Groundspeak supported coordinates, Neongeo started using them too, and no one needed to use the Personal Cache Note for this purpose any longer.

I used Neongeo until Groundspeak changed the API and rendered it useless. Now I am using Locus and it has the same feature but extented. It can display all waypoints stored in user notes, not only the corrected coordinates. This feature is practical for storing additional waypoints like parking, boat launching and sometimes multiple solutions :D

• Helpful 1
4 hours ago, arisoft said:

I used Neongeo until Groundspeak changed the API and rendered it useless. Now I am using Locus and it has the same feature but extented. It can display all waypoints stored in user notes, not only the corrected coordinates. This feature is practical for storing additional waypoints like parking, boat launching and sometimes multiple solutions :D

Oooh... Thanks for pointing that out. I'm looking for a new geocaching app (again) because API changes rendered my previous app useless (again). That's good to know.